San Remo is in Richardson, Texas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-, which is middle of the road grade. Even though a score in this range is not our highest grade, it is actually ranked among the top three nursing homes in the city. Based on our assessment, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this facility's report card was its stellar inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Richardson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its second most favorable category score in the area of long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of B- in this category, which is a respectable grade. Long-term care scores are essential for prospective residents seeking non-healthcare services such as personal care. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about San Remo?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a relatively low total compared to most nursing homes. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next area, we awarded this nursing home a D for short-term care. This was the nursing home's weakest category score. Naturally, this score hurt the facility's overall profile to some degree. Short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
San Remo Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In San Remo, 10.11% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In San Remo, 0.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In San Remo, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who had a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In San Remo, 12.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In San Remo, 20.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In San Remo, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In San Remo, 96.04% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In San Remo, 26.97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In San Remo, 15.88% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In San Remo, 15.88% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In San Remo, 1.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In San Remo, 82.62% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Richardson, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Richardson, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.37 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Medical City PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away3901 W 15th St Plano Texas 75075Proprietary(972) 596-6800
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 9.48 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 9.61 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Fresenius Medical Care Renner Road, LLC0.13 miles away3517 Spectrum Blvd Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 19 (972) 234-4326
- Plano Dialysis Center0.2 miles away481 Shiloh Road, Suite 100 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 881-3270
- Usrc Richardson, LLC0.34 miles away3321 E. Renner Rd Suite 100 Richardson Texas 75082Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 479-9401
- Us Renal Care Plano Dialysis1.35 miles away4108 W 15th Street Suite 100 Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 209-0355
- Collin County Dialysis Center2.02 miles away3420 Ave K Suite 150 Plano Texas 75074CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 423-1447
- Us Renal Care East Plano Dialysis2.39 miles away2721 Dobie Dr Plano Texas 75074Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 277-6041
- Liberty Dialysis - Richardson3.85 miles away1621 North Central Expressway Suite 200 Richardson Texas 75080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 907-1480
- Plano on Custer Dialysis4.28 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047