San Marino Manor is located in San Gabriel, California. Sporting an overall score of B, this looks like a very respectable nursing home. Based on our ratings, this place ought to meet the needs of most people. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
San Marino Manor
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6812 N. Oak Avenue,
San Gabriel CA 91775
92.88% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also received an elite long-term care grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that category, with an impressive grade of A-. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. The last statistic we looked at was the nursing home's hospitalization rate. We found that this place had 2.96 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. While this wasn't as impressive as some of its other scores in this category, this figure can be skewed for some facilities based on some of the medical complexity of residents.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing grade assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about San Marino Manor?
Another area of strength for this facility is in the area of inspections. In fact, inspections turned out to be one of its best categories. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this facility was awarded a respectable short-term care grade of B-. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. One of this nursing home's strength is that it offers more hours of physical therapy per week to its residents. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
San Marino Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In San Marino Manor, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In San Marino Manor, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In San Marino Manor, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In San Marino Manor, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In San Marino Manor, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In San Marino Manor, 4.32% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In San Marino Manor, 96.21% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In San Marino Manor, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
In San Marino Manor, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In San Marino Manor, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In San Marino Manor, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for San Gabriel, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Gabriel, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis1 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Pasadena Foothills Dialysis Center1.63 miles away3722 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 432-4331
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC2.43 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.2.46 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Eaton Canyon Dialysis3.68 miles away2551 E. Washington Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 798-8896
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center3.88 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Rosemead Dialysis Center4.22 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- u.s. Renal Care Rosemead Dialysis4.31 miles away3100 Del Mar Avenue Rosemead California 91770CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 288-7860