San Joaquin Nursing Center and Rehabilitation Cent is a facility located in Bakersfield, California which has 520,197 people. This facility received an overall rating of F. This turned out to be one of the five worst rated nursing homes in Bakersfield based on the data we assessed. With many other nursing homes in the city, you should be able to do better. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
San Joaquin Nursing Center and Rehabilitation Cent
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
3601 San Dimas,
Bakersfield CA 93301
96.56% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for San Joaquin Nursing Center and Rehabilitation Cent has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Mental Health
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. We believe that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This place had 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This means this facility avoided the more significant categories of deficiencies. Finally, they also received 42 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is certainly not a great sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility's second highest score is short-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this area, it still performed somewhat badly. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. With a grade this poor in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility was below average in several staffing metrics we focus on. In fact, it offered substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about San Joaquin Nursing Center and Rehabilitation Cent?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This place offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, in which this facility was given a poor grade in this area also. It received an F for this category, which is definitely a major disappointment. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Bakersfield, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Bakersfield, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Bakersfield Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.21 miles away420 34th St Bakersfield California 93301Voluntary non-profit - Private(661) 327-1792
- Adventist Health BakersfieldAcute Care Hospitals 0.87 miles away2615 Chester Avenue Bakersfield California 93301Voluntary non-profit - Private(661) 395-3000
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.69 miles away2215 Truxtun Avenue Bakersfield California 93301Voluntary non-profit - Other(661) 632-5000
- Bakersfield Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away3001 Sillect Avenue Bakersfield California 93308Proprietary(661) 316-6000
- Kern Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away1700 Mount Vernon Avenue Bakersfield California 93306Government - Hospital District or Authority(661) 326-2000
- Davita-Bakersfield Oak St Dialysis2.72 miles away422 Oak Street Bakersfield California 93304CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (661) 631-0227
- Fmc-Bakersfield Northeast2.92 miles away3201 Mall View Road Bakersfield California 93306CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (661) 873-7918
- Davita-Northeast Bakersfield Dialysis3.22 miles away3761 Mall View Road Bakersfield California 93306CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (661) 872-3580
- Davita-Bakersfield Dialysis Center3.36 miles away5143 Office Park Drive Bakersfield California 93309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 76 (661) 325-4741
- Fmc-Meadows Field4.27 miles away3101 Pegasus Drive, Suite 100 Bakersfield California 93308Dialysis Stations: 21 (661) 615-4200
- Davita-Riverlakes Home Training4.77 miles away3933 Coffee Road, Suite A Bakersfield California 93308Dialysis Stations: 7 (661) 588-2326
- Davita-Brimhall Dialysis5.16 miles away8501 Brimhall Road, Bldg. 500 Bakersfield California 93312CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (661) 387-6603
- Davita-Casa Del Rio Home Training5.18 miles away8331 Brimhall Road Building 900, Suite 902 Bakersfield California 93312Dialysis Stations: 8 (661) 387-6405