San Jacinto Manor is an average-sized nursing home located in Deer Park, Texas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber typically suggests some concerning datapoints. This place has very little going for it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection score. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
San Jacinto Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Jul 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Deer Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this facility's overall grade, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that category with an A. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that had a long list of severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category turned out to be long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a C. Our long-term care grade is used to gauge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.283264 percent of its patients, which is better than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about San Jacinto Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility's third best score is short-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this area, it still fared relatively badly. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. With a grade in this range in this category, we were not surprised to find this place was below average in several staffing areas we looked at. It provided significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Turning to the last area, this nursing home really didn't fare very well in this area either. With an abysmal grade of F in nursing, this is just about as bad as it gets. Nursing ratings are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home offered just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is an alarmingly low total. To pair with its subpar totals in the area of nursing hours per patient, this nursing home also didn't perform as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in computing our nursing ratings. We looked at the percent of residents experiencing pressure ulcers and major falls. This nursing home had more pressure ulcers and falls than the average facility. This may be a bad sign when you consider that many falls and bed sores are believed to be preventable with better nursing care. Unfortunately, these metrics hurt this nursing home's nursing grade significantly.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
San Jacinto Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In San Jacinto Manor, 7.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In San Jacinto Manor, 6.01% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In San Jacinto Manor, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In San Jacinto Manor, 4.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In San Jacinto Manor, 32.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In San Jacinto Manor, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In San Jacinto Manor, 99.14% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In San Jacinto Manor, 18% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In San Jacinto Manor, 4.94% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In San Jacinto Manor, 4.94% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In San Jacinto Manor, 77.06% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Houston Methodist St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away18300 St John Drive Houston Texas 77058Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 333-5503
- Hca Houston Healthcare Clear LakeAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away500 Medical Center Blvd Webster Texas 77598Proprietary(281) 332-2511
- Houston Physicians' HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.24 miles away333 N Texas Avenue Webster Texas 77598Physician(281) 335-1700
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc.1.17 miles away4625 Center St Deer Park Texas 77536Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 542-6856
- Space City Dialysis Pasadena - Dsi, LLC2.24 miles away3402 Burke Road Suite 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 425-0428
- Pine Park Dialysis2.42 miles away3333 Bayshore Blvd Pasadena Texas 77504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 943-1463
- Sng Pasadena Dialysis Center Lp3.9 miles away5040 Crenshaw Road Suite 200 Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 12 (832) 703-0450
- Lifealysis Kidney Care, LLC3.97 miles away4300 Fairmont Pkwy Ste 100 Pasadena Texas 77504Dialysis Stations: 19 (832) 617-8816
- Bayshore Dialysis Center4.04 miles away4901 E Sam Houston Pkwy S Pasadena Texas 77505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 487-0586
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.4.21 miles away1210 Southmore Ave Pasadena Texas 77502Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 475-6617
- Meridian Dialysis Center6.82 miles away7520 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77505Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 471-0172