Salude is a small nursing home located in Suwanee, Georgia. We awarded this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the United States. We simply can't say enough great things about this nursing home. This nursing home also received impressive ratings in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
601 North Holt Parkway,
Suwanee GA 30024
92.34% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Suwanee, Georgia Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Georgia Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Suwanee, Georgia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is it received an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this critical category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to direct your attention to the fact that this nursing home was superb in our short-term care category. We gave them an elite score of A+ in this area. With our short-term care grade, we try to create a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Salude?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a high-end long-term care grade. This actually ended up being this facility's third best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Switching gears to the fourth category, this facility was awarded a strong nursing score. We gave it a B+ in this category, wrapping up one of our better profiles. The nursing rating assesses many factors, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning residents at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Salude Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Salude, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Salude, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Emory Johns Creek HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away6325 Hospital Parkway Duluth Georgia 30097Proprietary(678) 474-7000
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.81 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Northside Hospital ForsythAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away1200 Northside Forsyth Drive Cumming Georgia 30041Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 844-3200
- Wellstar North Fulton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away3000 Hospital Boulevard Roswell Georgia 30076Proprietary(770) 751-2500
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 15.7 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 19.02 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 19.17 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- North Gwinnett Dialysis0.71 miles away185 Old Peachtree Road Nw Suwanee Georgia 30024Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 714-4941
- Rcg Lawrenceville5.24 miles away350 Philip Blvd Nw Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 237-0013
- Nephron Corporation5.29 miles away4585 Nelson Brogdon Blvd Buford Georgia 30518Dialysis Stations: 12 (770) 962-1231
- Buford Dialysis5.31 miles away1550 Buford Hwy Ste 1e Buford Georgia 30518Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 831-2379
- Nephron Corporation5.38 miles away605 Old Norcross Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 513-0927
- Medlock Bridge Dialysis5.38 miles away10680 Medlock Bridge Rd Ste 103 Duluth Georgia 30097Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 622-2167
- Davita Duluth Dialysis5.82 miles away3170 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Ste 100 Duluth Georgia 30097Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 232-5219
- Fms Lawrenceville5.95 miles away1115 Herrington Road Lawrenceville Georgia 30044CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (770) 962-3546