Saint Vent Healthcare is a nursing home in Pasadena, California. The city has a population of 153,114 people. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is among the highest grades we offer. A grade in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. This is just about as good of a place as you'll find. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its long-term care grade. We discuss long-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Saint Vent Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Pasadena senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Facilities that do well in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.618324 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In addition, this facility also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that area with a score of A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Saint Vent Healthcare?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. In computing a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses are seeing patients as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded turned out to be this facility's weakest area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it a respectable grade of B- for our short-term care category. With our short-term care score, we try to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saint Vent Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who had falls which resulted in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 0.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 23.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 16.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 99.81% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 11.3% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 4.02% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 4.02% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 2.35% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 91.01% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Pasadena, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pasadena, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.84 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Davita-Huntington Dialysis2.61 miles away390 S. Fair Oaks Blvd. Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 564-2818
- Fmc-Liberty West Pasadena3.07 miles away757 S. Raymond Avenue Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 396-6957
- Davita-Eaton Canyon Dialysis3.1 miles away2551 E. Washington Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 798-8896
- Huntington Dialysis Center3.11 miles away806 S. Fair Oaks Avenue Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (626) 792-0548
- Fmc-Arroyo Dialysis Center3.11 miles away1111 S. Arroyo Parkway, Suite 150 Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 441-9500
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis4.3 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Davita-North Glendale4.91 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Davita-Pasadena Foothills Dialysis Center5 miles away3722 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 432-4331