Saint Vent Healthcare is a nursing home in Pasadena, California. The city has a population of 153,114 people. This facility is one of the highest-rated nursing homes we looked at. A score of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. This is just about as good of a facility as you'll find. Finally, this appears to be a very consistent nursing home with consistent grades in all four of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Saint Vent Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1810 N. Fair Oaks Ave,
Pasadena CA 91103
78.07% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. This facility was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Saint Vent Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, this is this facility's third most impressive category score. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility also performed admirably in the nursing category. In fact, we awarded it an A in that area. This rounded out a straight A profile. Our nursing score is largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saint Vent Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients which were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saint Vent Healthcare, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Pasadena, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Pasadena, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.84 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Usc Verdugo Hills HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away1812 Verdugo Blvd Glendale California 91209Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 790-7100
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Davita-Huntington Dialysis2.61 miles away390 S. Fair Oaks Blvd. Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 564-2818
- Fmc-Liberty West Pasadena3.07 miles away757 S. Raymond Avenue Pasadena California 91105Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 396-6957
- Davita-Eaton Canyon Dialysis3.1 miles away2551 E. Washington Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 798-8896
- Huntington Dialysis Center3.11 miles away806 S. Fair Oaks Avenue Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (626) 792-0548
- Fmc-Arroyo Dialysis Center3.11 miles away1111 S. Arroyo Parkway, Suite 150 Pasadena California 91105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 441-9500
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis4.3 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712
- Davita-North Glendale4.91 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Davita-Pasadena Foothills Dialysis Center5 miles away3722 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena California 91107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (626) 432-4331