Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Minneapolis, Minnesota. We awarded this facility an overall rating of A+. This turned out to be head and heals above most of the nursing homes in Minneapolis. Minneapolis features a slew of nursing homes, but it is doubtful you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a very fine option. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
5200 Oak Grove Parkway,
Minneapolis MN 55443
90.31% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. This facility excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is an excellent sign. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in Minnesota in this area with 70.5 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to really impressive nursing hour statistics, this nursing home's vaccination data is as good as it gets as well. Indeed, this nursing home vaccinated 97.81421 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This combination proved to be effective as this facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 1 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a significantly better hospitalization rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides an incredible 5.2 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Out of that total, many of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of nursing care, this facility also excelled in several of the quality measures we looked at. With below five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Minnesota in this category. This is generally a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Many pressure ulcers can be prevented by offering better nursing care and having a system of turning patients more often.
Lastly, this facility also received a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A. With this impressive grade, this place is one of the few nursing homes in Minnesota to receive straight A's. Inspection scores account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 6.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 4.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 2.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 16.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 12.02% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 4.55% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 94.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 13.22% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 19.91% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 19.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 76.23% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 49 other nursing homes
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 12.56 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 12.77 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.14 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Coon Rapids Dialysis of Davita2.47 miles away3960 Coon Rapids Blvd, Suite 309 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 421-8717
- Fmc - Round Lake Dialysis2.54 miles away3777 Coon Rapids Blvd Nw Ste 120 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 13 (763) 323-1234
- Fmc Dialysis - North Suburban3.51 miles away9144 Springbrook Dr Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55433CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 783-0103
- Fresenius Medical Care - Champlin3.65 miles away12339 Champlin Dr Champlin Minnesota 55316Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 421-1032
- Fmc - Coon Rapids5.32 miles away3465 Northdale Blvd Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55448Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 862-6088
- Maple Grove Dialysis of Davita5.41 miles away15655 Grove Cir N Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 14 (763) 420-2804
- East River Road Dialysis5.59 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Davita - New Hope5.75 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300