Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake is a small non-profit nursing home in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We awarded this nursing home an elite overall score of A+. As a result, it is one of the highest graded nursing homes in Minneapolis. This is an impressive accomplishment given that the city features some very solid facilities. Minneapolis features many nursing homes, but we question whether you will need to look at too many others. This one looks like a first-rate option. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
5200 Oak Grove Parkway,
Minneapolis MN 55443
95.78% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 91.935486 percent of its patients. This is slightly below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. There are many subcategories included in this category. Most of these datapoints are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Finally, this nursing home has received near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. This is one of the few facilities in the country to receive an A- or better in every category. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients that have suffered a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 4.16% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 94.15% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saint Therese at Oxbow Lake, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away4050 Coon Rapids Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Voluntary non-profit - Private(762) 236-8100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.49 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 12.56 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 12.77 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.14 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Coon Rapids Dialysis of Davita2.47 miles away3960 Coon Rapids Blvd, Suite 309 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 421-8717
- Fmc - Round Lake Dialysis2.54 miles away3777 Coon Rapids Blvd Nw Ste 120 Minneapolis Minnesota 55433Dialysis Stations: 13 (763) 323-1234
- Fmc Dialysis - North Suburban3.51 miles away9144 Springbrook Dr Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55433CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 783-0103
- Fresenius Medical Care - Champlin3.65 miles away12339 Champlin Dr Champlin Minnesota 55316Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 421-1032
- Fmc - Coon Rapids5.32 miles away3465 Northdale Blvd Nw Minneapolis Minnesota 55448Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 862-6088
- Maple Grove Dialysis of Davita5.41 miles away15655 Grove Cir N Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 14 (763) 420-2804
- East River Road Dialysis5.59 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Davita - New Hope5.75 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300