Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is located in Manchester, New Hampshire, a city with a total of 113,733 people. Featuring an overall grade of A, this is clearly a world class nursing home. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top ten percentile of all nursing homes in the nation. This facility was also given phenomenal grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Manchester, New Hampshire Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is as good as it gets in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its long-term care grade. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing scores are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is short-term care. We gave this facility one of our higher scores in that area, with a B. While this isn't as strong as some of this facility's other grades, it is still a perfectly acceptable grade. Our short-term care grades are believed to be more meaningful for people in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.16% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 17.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 16.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.77% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 95.49% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.58% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 22.17% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 22.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 12.13 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saint Teresa Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 78.43% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Manchester, NH
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Manchester, New Hampshire has 8 other nursing homes
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.92 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- New Hampshire Hosp-Psych UnitPsychiatric 14.69 miles away36 Clinton Street Concord New Hampshire 03301Government - State(603) 271-5300
- Concord HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.22 miles away250 Pleasant St Concord New Hampshire 03301Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 225-2711
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.83 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.31 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Davita Manchester Dialysis0.88 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Manchester Kidney Center1.36 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042
- Bedford Dialysis Davita4.27 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Davita Derry Dialysis7.95 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry7.95 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center15.15 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.15.28 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- New Hampshire Kidney Center (Fmc)15.45 miles away248 Pleasant Street Pillsbury Bldg., g400 Concord New Hampshire 03301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (603) 224-9996