Saint Simeons Episcopal Home is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Featuring an overall grade of D, this is a relatively poor facility. Keep in mind that Tulsa received a city grade of B-, so should look at other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection rating. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Saint Simeons Episcopal Home
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Oklahoma Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility's overall grade, it received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that category with a grade of A. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is generally best to avoid facilities that had too many deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Despite this deficiency, this place still had a relatively favorable report.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's long-term care grade ended up being one of its better scores. The nursing home was awarded a grade of B- in this category. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home vaccinated only 78.545456 percent of its patients against pneumonia. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Saint Simeons Episcopal Home?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. In calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses are caring for residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This facility provided only 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care. Sadly, it received an F in this area, which is a very poor grade. Short-term care ratings are important for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saint Simeons Episcopal Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that experienced a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 3.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 92.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' well-being.
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saint Simeons Episcopal Home, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Tulsa, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tulsa, Oklahoma has 19 other nursing homes
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 4.57 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Bailey Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.23 miles away10502 North 110th East Avenue Owasso Oklahoma 74055Proprietary(918) 376-8000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 10.5 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Davita - Greenwood Dialysis2.38 miles away1345 N Lansing Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 585-8811
- Fmcna - North Harvard3.53 miles away1515 N Harvard Ste D Tulsa Oklahoma 74115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (918) 835-5599
- Fmcna - North Tulsa3.59 miles away2309 W Edison Ste A Tulsa Oklahoma 74127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 592-0724
- Osu Medical Center Outpatient Dialysis Unit4.27 miles away802 S Jackson Ste 101 Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 599-4072
- Davita - Central Tulsa4.36 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis7.93 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock8.41 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Fmcna - Bailey Dialysis Center10.05 miles away10205 N 110th E Ave Owasso Oklahoma 74055Dialysis Stations: 15 (918) 272-2719