Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich is the sole nursing home we found in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. It looks like this nursing home is among the more impressive nursing homes we assessed. A score of this caliber requires high-end marks across the board. We really can not say enough great things about this facility. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next section.
Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1 Saint Elizabeth Way,
East Greenwich RI 02818
82.14% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. In calculating these short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. When we assessed this facility's nursing hours, we found it offered more care from registered nurses than most nursing homes. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in Rhode Island in this area with 67.5 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, at most facilities, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Inspection grades are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's inspections. Places that excel in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Our nursing rating is largely associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This place boasts a really impressive 4.6 hours of nursing care per resident each day, of which a significant percentage was provided by registered nurses. This is one of the more highly trained levels of nurses. On top of offering impressive levels of nursing care, this place also fared well in some of the quality measures we assessed. For example, in terms of the percentage of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, this nursing home outpaced the national average. This is generally an indicator that a place has reliable quality controls. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented with better nursing care and a policy of regularly moving patients to prevent bed sores.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored proved to be this nursing home's worst category. However, even its lowest point would actually be a highlight for most nursing homes. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B for long-term care. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 91.15226 percent of its residents. This is a bit below what we expected but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 7.16% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 2.93% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who have had UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 16.51% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 14.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 2.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 95.31% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 22.91% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 1.19 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 22.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 10.73 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 79.33% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.12 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 12.42 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Newport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away11 Friendship Street Newport Rhode Island 02840Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 846-6400
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.8 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- South County Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.6 miles away100 Kenyon Ave Wakefield Rhode Island 02879Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 782-8020
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.19 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Dialysis Center of West Warwick3.97 miles away1775 Bald Hill Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (401) 823-8420
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick4.95 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Dialysis Center of Providence12.11 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Dialysis Center of Johnston13.26 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.47 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.61 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of East Providence13.84 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Wakefield Dialysis Center14.26 miles away10 High Street Suite C Wakefield Rhode Island 02879CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (401) 792-3450