Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich is in East Greenwich, Rhode Island, a city with a total of 18,082 people. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is a high-end grade. Based on the data we reviewed, you can't go wrong here. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our short-term care scores are crucial for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich?
Turning to another of this facility's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection score. In that category, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care. This facility was awarded a strong nursing score this year, with a grade of B. Even though this isn't as dominant as several of its other scores, this is still one of our more favorable grades for this area. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 92.51559 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 7.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often associated with poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 17.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 15.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 2.58% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 94.38% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 16.46% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 20.63% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 1.22 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 20.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 12.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saint Elizabeth Home East Greenwich, 77.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.12 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 12.42 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Newport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away11 Friendship Street Newport Rhode Island 02840Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 846-6400
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.8 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- South County Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.6 miles away100 Kenyon Ave Wakefield Rhode Island 02879Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 782-8020
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.19 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Dialysis Center of West Warwick3.97 miles away1775 Bald Hill Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (401) 823-8420
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick4.95 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Dialysis Center of Providence12.11 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Dialysis Center of Johnston13.26 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.47 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.61 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of East Providence13.84 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Wakefield Dialysis Center14.26 miles away10 High Street Suite C Wakefield Rhode Island 02879CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (401) 792-3450