Sage Rehabilitation Hospital - Inpatient Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility is a nursing home located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana which has 378,909 people. This nursing home was given a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a subpar rating. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Baton Rouge. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive nursing score. You can continue reading to find out about nursing and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Sage Rehabilitation Hospital - Inpatient Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
8000 Summa Avenue,
Baton Rouge LA 70809
75.2% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Louisiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't give this nursing home a good overall grade, we actually gave it a strong grade in nursing, where it earned a B+. Nursing scores are mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this nursing home a B in our short-term care category. This happens to be one of our more impressive grades. Short-term care scores are meaningful for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Sage Rehabilitation Hospital - Inpatient Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home just a D for our long-term care rating. This is well below average in this category. Facilities that do not score well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Turning our last category of inspections, this facility received a horrible grade. We weight this grade more heavily than other categories. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection grade. We would scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a threat to resident safety or health. Lastly, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received large government fines in recent years totaling more than $100,000. This typically suggests that a nursing home's bad performance spanned multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sage Rehabilitation Hospital - Inpatient Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sage Rehabilitation Hospital - Inpatient Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility, 67.8% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Baton Rouge, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Baton Rouge, Louisiana has 10 other nursing homes
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.49 miles away5000 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Voluntary non-profit - Church(225) 765-6565
- Womans HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.39 miles away100 Woman's Way Baton Rouge Louisiana 70817Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 927-1300
- Baton Rouge General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away3600 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 387-7767
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton RougeAcute Care Hospitals 6.74 miles away17000 Medical Center Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 752-2470
- St James Behavioral Health Hospital, IncPsychiatric 16.11 miles away3136 South St Landry Road Gonzales Louisiana 70737Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 647-7524
- Lane Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.2 miles away6300 Main Street Zachary Louisiana 70791Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 658-4000
- Fmcna - Mancuso0.19 miles away4848 Mancuso Ln, Ste A Baton Rouge Louisiana 70809Dialysis Stations: 21 (225) 766-6773
- Fkc - j.h. Lee Kidney Center0.32 miles away5348 Flanders Drive Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 766-3761
- Davita - Essen Lane Dialysis0.34 miles away7703 Picardy Ave Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 21 (225) 769-8669
- Fmcna - Greater Baton Rouge Home Program0.39 miles away5399 Mancuso Lane Baton Rouge Louisiana 70809Dialysis Stations: 15 (225) 819-2036
- Fmcna - Picardy Kidney Ctr0.4 miles away7638 Picardy Ave Ste A Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 766-5600
- Fmcna - Baton Rouge3.15 miles away524 Colonial Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 927-3311
- Fmcna - Dialysis Services of Bon Carre3.82 miles away7656 Realtors Ave Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 216-0388
- Davita - Mid City Dialysis4.73 miles away2902 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70802Dialysis Stations: 13 (225) 766-0093