Saber Skilled Nursing Unit at Barberton is located in Barberton, Ohio. This city has 41,248 people. Featuring an overall score of A, this is without a doubt an elite facility. In fact, this facility has the distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in Ohio. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. As you will see below, this place also performed well in our category ratings. It is hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
Saber Skilled Nursing Unit at Barberton
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2019 by Nick Lata
155 Fifth St Ne,
Barberton OH 44203
Note: Data for Saber Skilled Nursing Unit at Barberton has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection ratings are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a fine short-term care score. Indeed, this is this facility's second most impressive category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A. In our short-term care rating, we attempt to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Saber Skilled Nursing Unit at Barberton?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving patients at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B+. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Few facilities received a B+ or better in every category. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Saber Skilled Nursing Unit at Barberton Quality Metrics
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Saber Skilled Nursing Unit at Barberton, 0 ER visits per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of long-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess long-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Saber Skilled Nursing Unit at Barberton, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Saber Skilled Nursing Unit at Barberton, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.29 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.44 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.63 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.08 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.78 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Us Renal Care Barberton Dialysis0.39 miles away33 3rd Street Se Suite 100 Barberton Ohio 44203CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 753-7280
- Davita - Coventry Dialysis1.9 miles away3235 Manchester Road, Suite 9 Akron Ohio 44319Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 645-9453
- Us Renal Care Norton Home Therapies2.97 miles away3300 Greenwich Road Suite 13 Barberton Ohio 44203Dialysis Stations: 5 (330) 825-2354
- Dialysis Care Center Akron LLC3.82 miles away1505 South Hawkins Avenue Akron Ohio 44320Dialysis Stations: 11 (330) 612-0540
- Fmc - Wadsworth Dialysis5.51 miles away1160 Williams Reserve Blvd. Wadsworth Ohio 44281Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 336-8070
- Davita - White Ponds Dialysis5.53 miles away791 White Pond Drive Akron Ohio 44320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 835-9083
- Fmc - Akron East5.57 miles away199 Perkins Street Akron Ohio 44304CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 376-7600
- Fmc - Akron5.58 miles away345 Bishop Street Akron Ohio 44307Dialysis Stations: 30 (330) 376-4905