Rydal Park and Waters is a nursing home located in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, a city with a population of 17,809 people. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the best scores that we offer. Remarkably, this matched the average grade of nursing homes in Jenkintown, which offers some of the highest graded nursing homes in Pennsylvania. As you will see below, this place performed just as well in our category grades. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
Rydal Park and Waters
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing grade is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its dominant profile, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of A for that category. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 84.70588 percent of its patients, which is a few points below what we anticipated. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rydal Park and Waters?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed is short-term care. Contributing to its high-end resume, this nursing home also performed well in that category. In fact, it received a of A for the category. With our short-term care assessment, we strive to forge a sound barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Another impressive feature for this nursing home is its inspection rating. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A-, wrapping up its straight A performance. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rydal Park and Waters Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rydal Park and Waters, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rydal Park and Waters, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rydal Park and Waters, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rydal Park and Waters, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rydal Park and Waters, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rydal Park and Waters, 3.12% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rydal Park and Waters, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rydal Park and Waters, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rydal Park and Waters, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Rydal Park and Waters, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rydal Park and Waters, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rydal Park and Waters, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rydal Park and Waters, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.9 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.18 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.27 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Horsham ClinicPsychiatric 6.39 miles away722 East Butler Pike Ambler Pennsylvania 19002Proprietary(215) 643-7800
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 6.9 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis1.62 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis1.95 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Davita - Abington Dialysis2.66 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis2.88 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Reliant Renal Care - Cheltenham, LLC3.26 miles away7107 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19126Dialysis Stations: 10 (267) 297-8069
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Abington3.4 miles away1036 Easton Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 657-5595
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.3.49 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Sahara Dialysis, LLC3.73 miles away133 Cheltenham Avenue Cheltenham Pennsylvania 19012CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 635-1870