Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit is in Oak Park, Illinois. With an overall score of A+, we rated this nursing home to be the highest scoring nursing home in Oak Park. An overall score in this range is a great indicator of a superb nursing home. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. Keep reading to find this place's category grades, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Oak Park, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate facility overall, this facility also excelled at short-term care, where it received an A+. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our short-term care scores are presumably most important for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 8.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Building on its first-rate profile, this facility also received a strong long-term care score, with a grade of A. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the final category, this facility also was given a very strong nursing score, with an A-. This finished off an elite profile. There are a variety of factors included in this category. Many of the factors are tied to staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning patients at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center0.08 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit0.53 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Fmc - River Forest Dialysis0.6 miles away103 Forest Avenue River Forest Illinois 60305CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 488-9258
- Fmc - West Suburban Dialysis Center1.68 miles away518 N Austin Suite 5000 Oak Park Illinois 60302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (708) 386-5550
- Fmc - Neomedica - Melrose Park2.4 miles away1111 Superior St Ste 204 Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 338-1780
- Loyola Center for Dialysis2.45 miles away1201 W Roosevelt Rd Maywood Illinois 60153CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (708) 531-7050
- Fmc - Berwyn2.53 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Austin Community Kidney Center3.17 miles away4800 W Chicago Ave., 2nd Floor Chicago Illinois 60651Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 287-0680