Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit is in Oak Park, Illinois. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all facilities in the country. Based on our assessment, this place is simply as good as it gets. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2020 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Oak Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Oak Park, Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Short-term care grades are crucial for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 8.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also earned an A+ inspection score, making it one of the few facilities to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. This is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the biggest complements we can pay to a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care rating. This is a very impressive grade. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final category we graded was nursing, where this facility was given an A-. This finished off a very strong profile. Few nursing homes earned an A- or better in each of our categories. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Illinois in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit, 5.68% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rush Oak Park Hsp Skilled Care Unit, 68.26% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.48 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Macneal HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away3249 South Oak Park Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402Proprietary(708) 783-9100
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center0.08 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit0.53 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Fmc - River Forest Dialysis0.6 miles away103 Forest Avenue River Forest Illinois 60305CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 488-9258
- Fmc - West Suburban Dialysis Center1.68 miles away518 N Austin Suite 5000 Oak Park Illinois 60302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (708) 386-5550
- Fmc - Neomedica - Melrose Park2.4 miles away1111 Superior St Ste 204 Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 338-1780
- Loyola Center for Dialysis2.45 miles away1201 W Roosevelt Rd Maywood Illinois 60153CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (708) 531-7050
- Fmc - Berwyn2.53 miles away2601 S Harlem Avenue Berwyn Illinois 60402CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (708) 484-7300
- Fmc - Austin Community Kidney Center3.17 miles away4800 W Chicago Ave., 2nd Floor Chicago Illinois 60651Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 287-0680