Royal Terrace Healthcare is in Duarte, California. The city has 27,465 people. Sporting an overall score of C, this is likely a solid facility. At the end of the day, this nursing home looks like a good fit for quite a few people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong nursing score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Royal Terrace Healthcare
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Duarte senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Duarte, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's nursing rating is notably more impressive than its overall score. Due to a strong performance in this category, it earned a quality score in that category with a grade of B+. The nursing rating assesses a handful of factors, however, the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility an impressive grade in short-term care. This nursing home earned a B+ in this category, which happens to be one of our more impressive grades. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Royal Terrace Healthcare?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's third highest category was its long-term care grade, where it was given a grade of C. With our long-term care score, we weigh the volume of services offered by a facility, along with a handful of qualitative metrics. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning the last category of inspections, this ended up being this facility's weakest link. Inspection ratings are based on a facility's recent government inspection reports. We gave this nursing home just a D in this category, which is a very poor grade. Inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. Generally, you should be more cautious when considering a facility with severe deficiencies on its inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies identified by the government inspectors had potential to pose actual harm to residents. Finally, this facility also received 6 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Royal Terrace Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 1.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients that have had a fall which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 3.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 3.16% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 100% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 2.11% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 0% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Royal Terrace Healthcare, 90.68% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Duarte, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Duarte, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 4.33 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.1.18 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810
- Fmc-Irwindale2.79 miles away12711 Ramona Blvd., Suite 111 Baldwin Park California 91706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (626) 856-3944
- Azusa Dialysis Center, LLC3.49 miles away312 N. Azusa Avenue Azusa California 91702Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 633-1500
- Advanced Dialysis Center3.58 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center4.75 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404
- Fmc-West Covina Kidney Center4.91 miles away1540 W. Covina Parkway West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 337-8007
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis5.03 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Glendora Foothills Dialysis5.12 miles away750 West Route 66, Suite Q Glendora California 91740Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 335-2063