Rowntree Gardens is in Stanton, California. It looks like this nursing home is one of the best facilities we found. It received one of the best ratings that we offer. We really can't say enough good things about this nursing home. We also gave this nursing home strong grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received elite marks in the area of long-term care. For this reason, it was given one of our best grades in that category with a score of A+. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rowntree Gardens?
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also received a dominant short-term care score, with a grade of A-. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The next category we graded is nursing, in which this nursing home was awarded a grade of B. While this proved to be its lowest category rating, this is still a favorable score. When calculating our nursing ratings, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning a patient more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rowntree Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rowntree Gardens, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rowntree Gardens, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which have experienced a fall which resulted in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rowntree Gardens, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rowntree Gardens, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rowntree Gardens, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rowntree Gardens, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rowntree Gardens, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rowntree Gardens, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rowntree Gardens, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Some experts argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Rowntree Gardens, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rowntree Gardens, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rowntree Gardens, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rowntree Gardens, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Huntington Beach HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away17772 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach California 92647Proprietary(714) 843-5000
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Fmc-Rai-Hospital Circle-Westminster1.73 miles away290 Hospital Circle Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (714) 895-3698
- Davita-Westminster South Dialysis1.96 miles away14014 Magnolia St. Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 894-8712
- Fmc-Rai-Garden Grove Blvd.-Garden Grove2.72 miles away12555 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 100 Garden Grove California 92843Dialysis Stations: 13 (714) 741-7255
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis3.11 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Fmc-Anaheim Dialysis3.33 miles away3150 W. Lincoln Avenue, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 816-8725
- Fmc-Rai-Goldenwest-Westminster3.38 miles away15330 Goldenwest Street Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 373-1543
- Davita-Garden Grove Harbor Dialysis3.87 miles away13054 North Harbor Blvd. Garden Grove California 92843CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 539-3395
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis3.87 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510