Rowntree Gardens is in Stanton, California. It looks like this nursing home is one of the best facilities we found. It received one of the best ratings that we offer. We really can't say enough good things about this nursing home. We also gave this nursing home strong grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received elite marks in the area of long-term care. For this reason, it was given one of our best grades in that category with a score of A+. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rowntree Gardens?
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also received a dominant short-term care score, with a grade of A. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
In our final area, we awarded this facility an A+ for our nursing score. This topped off an elite report card. When computing our nursing ratings, we assess both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a resident at least once a day.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rowntree Gardens Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rowntree Gardens, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rowntree Gardens, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rowntree Gardens, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rowntree Gardens, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rowntree Gardens, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rowntree Gardens, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rowntree Gardens, 95.44% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rowntree Gardens, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rowntree Gardens, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Rowntree Gardens, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rowntree Gardens, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rowntree Gardens, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rowntree Gardens, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Huntington Beach HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away17772 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach California 92647Proprietary(714) 843-5000
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Fmc-Rai-Hospital Circle-Westminster1.73 miles away290 Hospital Circle Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (714) 895-3698
- Davita-Westminster South Dialysis1.96 miles away14014 Magnolia St. Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 894-8712
- Fmc-Rai-Garden Grove Blvd.-Garden Grove2.72 miles away12555 Garden Grove Blvd., Suite 100 Garden Grove California 92843Dialysis Stations: 13 (714) 741-7255
- Davita-Anaheim Springs Dialysis3.11 miles away1324 S Euclid Street Anaheim California 92802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 774-1518
- Fmc-Anaheim Dialysis3.33 miles away3150 W. Lincoln Avenue, Suite 100 Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 816-8725
- Fmc-Rai-Goldenwest-Westminster3.38 miles away15330 Goldenwest Street Westminster California 92683CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 373-1543
- Davita-Garden Grove Harbor Dialysis3.87 miles away13054 North Harbor Blvd. Garden Grove California 92843CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 539-3395
- Davita-Anaheim West Dialysis3.87 miles away1821 W. Lincoln Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (714) 765-6510