Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center is located in Rowlett, Texas, a city with 54,963 people. This nursing home turns out to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. You could certainly do much worse than this nursing home. We were also pleased to find that this facility did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Rowlett senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received a very impressive inspection score. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In this area, we awarded it a grade of A. Inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Another quality feature for this facility is that it was awarded a favorable short-term care grade. Indeed, this turned out to be its second best category score. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. It does not appear that this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong long-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this category. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.7807 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a life or death illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to our final area, this facility was awarded a decent nursing grade of C. In determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is well below average. Finally, although this place got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this subcategory.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 2.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who experienced falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 10.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 28.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 25.32% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 99.89% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 26.27% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Some believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.15% of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 9.15% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 8.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rowlett Health and Rehabilitation Center, 82.14% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 0.18 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 12.69 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 14.88 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Davita Rowlett Dialysis0.94 miles away7700 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 100a Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 607-1479
- Usrc Rowlett, LLC1.01 miles away7600 Lakeview Parkway Suite 200 Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 412-1631
- Fresenius Medical Care Rowlett2.53 miles away3801 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 100 Rowlett Texas 75088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (214) 703-6951
- Liberty Dialysis - Rockwall2.96 miles away2850 Ridge Road Suite 112 Rockwall Texas 75032Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 961-4336
- Rockwall Dialysis Center3.35 miles away2346 Greencrest Blvd Rockwall Texas 75087Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 722-4781
- Wylie Dialysis6.39 miles away941 South Westgate Way Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 15 (972) 429-4315
- Liberty Dialysis - Wylie Murphy6.78 miles away2300 W Fm 544 Suite 140 Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 429-3700
- Garland Dialysis7.02 miles away776 E Centerville Road Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 278-2757