Ross Memorial Health Care Center is the sole nursing home we were able to find in Kennesaw, Georgia. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. This nursing home seems to have a few things going for it. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong long-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Ross Memorial Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1780 Old Highway 41,
Kennesaw GA 30152
72.5% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility excelled in long-term care. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category. This salvaged its overall profile. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 61.11111 percent of its patients. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Inspection ratings are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Ross Memorial Health Care Center?
An additional reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned an A+ nursing grade. This is as good as it gets in this category. Nursing grades are largely associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Georgia in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning patients more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at is short-term care. We gave it a lowly F in this category, which is a bottom of the barrel score. This is certainly a major concern. Our short-term care grades are thought to be more meaningful for people in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final item we considered in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.3 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ross Memorial Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 5.28% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 93.36% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ross Memorial Health Care Center, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Wellstar Kennestone HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.3 miles away677 Church Street Marietta Georgia 30060Government - Hospital District or Authority(770) 793-5000
- Wellstar Cobb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away3950 Austell Rd Austell Georgia 30106Voluntary non-profit - Other(770) 732-4000
- Wellstar Paulding HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.54 miles away2518 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway Hiram Georgia 30141Voluntary non-profit - Other(470) 644-7000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.13 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 15.15 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.27 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Wellstar North Fulton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.54 miles away3000 Hospital Boulevard Roswell Georgia 30076Proprietary(770) 751-2500
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Dsi Kennesaw LLC2.09 miles away1925 Vaughn Road Suite 150 Kennesaw Georgia 30144Dialysis Stations: 3 (678) 290-8749
- Fmcna of North Cobb2.53 miles away1392 Bells Ferry Road Marietta Georgia 30066Dialysis Stations: 24 (770) 528-3898
- Bma of Marietta Inc2.85 miles away1277 Kennestone Circle Suite 600 Marietta Georgia 30066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (770) 424-8391
- Us Renal Care Cobb Renal Center4.66 miles away506 Roswell Street Suite 100 Marietta Georgia 30060Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 426-5110
- Reliant Renal Care Georgia, LLC5.15 miles away1720 Powder Springs Rd Marietta Georgia 30064Dialysis Stations: 17 (678) 402-6048
- Davita Kennestone Dialysis5.23 miles away200 Cobb Pkwy N Building 300 Ste 318 Marietta Georgia 30062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (678) 797-1110
- Fresenius Medical Care Acworth6.52 miles away3372 Acworth Summit Blvd Acworth Georgia 30101CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (770) 529-1141
- Isd Renal, Inc.6.76 miles away4880 Lower Roswell Rd Suite 770 Marietta Georgia 30068Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 321-0675