Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is located in Rensselaer, New York. With a really poor overall grade of F, this facility didn't fare well in our assessment. This place didn't have much going for it. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this nursing home earned a decent score in our short-term care category. You can find more information on this category below.
Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
284 Troy Road,
Rensselaer NY 12144
95.37% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While this facility's overall score was as bad as it gets, it didn't perform terribly in our short-term care rating. We awarded it a B- for that category, which is a decent score. That said, this was not enough to save its otherwise poor profile. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
This place's next best category was inspections, but even there it earned a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. One of the most significant factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We suggest you pay close attention to the severity of the deficiencies. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a risk to resident safety or health. Lastly, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in excess of $50,000. This usually means that government inspectors grew tired after several years of bad inspections.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. In computing our nursing scores, we look at both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care, where this facility received a rock bottom grade in this area as well. It received an abysmal F for this area, which is definitely a major concern. Facilities that do not fare well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 48.82629 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly below what we expected. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffered a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 13.2% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 91.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Albany Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.35 miles away600 Northern Boulevard Albany New York 12204Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 471-3490
- Albany Medical Center HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.83 miles away43 New Scotland Avenue, Mail Code 34 Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 262-2400
- St Peter's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away315 South Manning Boulevard Albany New York 12208Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 525-1550
- Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away2215 Burdett Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 427-3402
- Samaritan Hospital-St Mary's CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away1300 Massachusetts Avenue Troy New York 12180Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 268-5000
- Ellis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.48 miles away1101 Nott Street Schenectady New York 12308Voluntary non-profit - Private(518) 243-4000
- Dci-East Greenbush2.97 miles away583 Columbia Turnpike East Greenbush New York 12061Dialysis Stations: 17 (518) 477-4217
- Fms-Albany Dialysis Center3.26 miles away64 Albany Shaker Road Albany New York 12204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (518) 427-0473
- New York Dialysis Services Inc3.7 miles away16 North Greenbush Road Suite 102 Troy New York 12180Dialysis Stations: 13 (518) 285-6066
- Fms-Albany Regional Kidney Center3.91 miles away2 Clara Barton Drive Albany New York 12208CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (518) 434-6565
- Albany Medical Center3.91 miles away43 New Scotland Avenue Mail Code: 73 Peds Dialysis Unit Albany New York 12208Dialysis Stations: 6 (518) 262-3347
- Dci - Rubin Dialysis Center - Troy6.46 miles away1850 Peoples Avenue Troy New York 12180CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (518) 271-0702
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc.8.54 miles away176 Washington Ave Extension Albany New York 12203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (518) 456-2429
- Freedom Center of Westmere8.63 miles away178 Washington Ave Extension Suite 3 Albany New York 12203Dialysis Stations: 17 (518) 407-0505