Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center is in Converse, Texas, a city with a total of 34,603 people. This nursing home turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our ratings, this facility has quite a bit going for it. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
7700 Mesquite Pass,
Converse TX 78109
66.59% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the main reasons this proved to be a strong facility is that it received a very impressive long-term care grade. In fact, this was its best grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility also excelled in inspections. In fact, we gave it an A for that category, which is one of our best grades. This is one of the few facilities with an overall score in this range which earned multiple category grades this high. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. The nursing score consists of quite a few components, most of which are based on nursing hours. This facility averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is not an impressive total. Lastly, nursing ratings also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the final area we scored. For this category, we gave this nursing home a D. Our short-term care grade is generally used to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. It appears that this facility was below average in many staffing areas we looked at. It provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which had a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosewood Rehabilitation and Care Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
- Brooke Army Medical Center (Ft Sam Houston)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6.95 miles away3551 Roger Brooke Drive San Antonio Texas 78234Department of Defense(210) 916-4141
- Baptist Emergency HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.16 miles away16088 San Pedro San Antonio Texas 78232Proprietary(210) 402-4092
- Methodist Stone Oak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.11 miles away1139 E Sonterra Blvd, Ste 535 San Antonio Texas 78258Proprietary(210) 638-2100
- South Texas Spine and Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.22 miles away18600 North Hardy Oak Blvd San Antonio Texas 78258Government - Hospital District or Authority(210) 404-0800
- Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away111 Dallas Street San Antonio Texas 78205Proprietary(210) 297-8256
- Nix Health Care SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.82 miles away414 Navarro, Suite 600 San Antonio Texas 78205Proprietary(210) 271-2188
- Children's Hospital of San AntonioChildrens 12.12 miles away333 N Santa Rosa St San Antonio Texas 78207Voluntary non-profit - Private(210) 704-3342
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.44 miles away7700 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio Texas 78229Proprietary(210) 575-4000
- Fmc - Village Oaks Kidney Disease Clinc0.82 miles away11701 Toepperwein Rd San Antonio Texas 78233CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (210) 655-4005
- Live Oak Dialysis1.75 miles away6700 Randolph Blvd Suite 101 San Antonio Texas 78233CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 590-0103
- Sakdc Davita Dialysis Partners Lp4.26 miles away15619 Nacogdoches Rd San Antonio Texas 78247Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 653-9579
- Marymount Dialysis Center5.12 miles away2391 Ne Loop 410 Suite #211 San Antonio Texas 78217CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (210) 646-8788
- Rsa Schertz5.94 miles away5000 Baptist Health Dr Suite 124 Schertz Texas 78154Dialysis Stations: 16 (210) 659-6070
- Kirby Kidney Disease Center6.35 miles away4653 Binz Engleman Road Suite #2 San Antonio Texas 78219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (210) 661-0201
- Broadway Kidney Disease Center7.36 miles away8840 Tradeway San Antonio Texas 78217CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 805-9880
- Stone Oak Dialysis10.58 miles away731 Carnoustie Drive #101 San Antonio Texas 78258CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (210) 403-2162