With more than 25 options located in Saint Louis, Missouri, River Crossing of Creve Coeur is one of the multitude of possibilities. We gave this nursing home a rock bottom overall grade based on the data we assessed. Saint Louis received a city grade of C, so there are other options in the city worth looking at. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
River Crossing of Creve Coeur
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Blood Administration
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this nursing home a poor overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B+ for our inspections category. This was due to the nursing home receiving a quality government inspection report this year. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Nursing grades are mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This place averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This statistic is far below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these datapoints to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about River Crossing of Creve Coeur?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only earned a grade of D for its long-term care grade, which is not an impressive grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 58.59375 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel score in this area also. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is obviously a major concern. Our short-term care grades are critical for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Considering its score in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this place is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
River Crossing of Creve Coeur Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have sustained falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 88.53% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In River Crossing of Creve Coeur, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Saint Louis West Dialysis1.86 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Fmc - Creve Coeur1.88 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis2.02 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center2.89 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- St. Louis Regional Dialysis Center, Inc.3.63 miles away10951 St. Charles Rock Road Saint Ann Missouri 63074Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 739-4691
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center3.71 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton3.91 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320
- Town and Country West Dialysis4.21 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049