Rosewood Care Center of St Louis is an average-sized nursing home located in Saint Louis, Missouri. It looks like this facility is a well below average facility. A score in this range suggests we found some red flags. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection grade. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category grades
Rosewood Care Center of St Louis
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
11278 Schuetz Road,
Saint Louis MO 63146
60% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not complementary of this place's overall performance, it actually received an impressive inspection report this year with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a B+. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its next best category score in the area of long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of C in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable score. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 47.50958 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly below what we were hoping for. Finally, we looked at the nursing home's number of hospitalizations. This nursing home didn't excel here either, with 8.27 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Although this figure is quite a bit higher than the national average, this statistic may be skewed for some facilities due to the medical complexity of residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosewood Care Center of St Louis?
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. We analyzed the levels of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses spent with residents, in determining our score in this area. This facility provided 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in some quality-focused statistics. Specifically, we look at the percent of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these datapoints as predictive indicators of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is short-term care. This facility was given an abysmal grade of F in that category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is frequently a useful measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Considering its score in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this facility was well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the figures we looked at. Finally, we considered the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 47.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosewood Care Center of St Louis Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 9.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 4.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 3.44% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 24.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 4.04% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 89.97% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 14.55% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 15.54% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 15.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 11.99 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rosewood Care Center of St Louis, 72.55% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 34 other nursing homes
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Saint Louis West Dialysis1.86 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Fmc - Creve Coeur1.88 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis2.02 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center2.89 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- St. Louis Regional Dialysis Center, Inc.3.63 miles away10951 St. Charles Rock Road Saint Ann Missouri 63074Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 739-4691
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center3.71 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton3.91 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320
- Town and Country West Dialysis4.21 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049