Rosewood Care Center of St Charles is in Saint Charles, Illinois. Featuring an overall rating of C, this appears to be a middle of the pack facility. Based on our analysis, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. This nursing home did not fare well in every category we looked at, but it didn't receive any rock-bottom grades either. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Rosewood Care Center of St Charles
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Part of the reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned a very favorable nursing score. Its nursing grade is its best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B+. Our nursing rating weighs a handful of datapoints, however, the main one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is better than its overall grade. Our inspection scores are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosewood Care Center of St Charles?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home was awarded its third best category grade in the category of short-term care. We awarded this facility a C in this category, which is an acceptable grade. Our short-term care grade is often employed to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. We were surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we graded is long-term care, which proved to be a weak link for this nursing home. We gave this nursing home a D in our long-term care category. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosewood Care Center of St Charles Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 87.4% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who remained mobile levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rosewood Care Center of St Charles, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 8.85 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.89 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.36 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.31 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Tri Cities Dialysis LLC3.87 miles away306 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 262-1306
- Fmc - West Chicago Dialysis Center4.12 miles away1859 Neltnor Blvd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 293-5952
- Fkc - Elgin5.08 miles away770 N Mclean Boulevard South Elgin Illinois 60177Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 695-5345
- Fmc - West Batavia5.51 miles away2580 West Fabyan Parkway Batavia Illinois 60510Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 406-1690
- Fmc - Dupage West6.19 miles away450 E Roosevelt Rd West Chicago Illinois 60185Dialysis Stations: 16 (630) 293-6356
- Usrc - Streamwood Dialysis7.89 miles away149 Irving Park Streamwood Illinois 60107Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 289-2104
- Davita - Cobblestone Dialysis8.81 miles away836 Dundee Ave. Elgin Illinois 60120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 888-9386
- Dialysis Care Center - Elgin9.22 miles away995 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Dialysis Stations: 14 (815) 714-7171