Rosewood Care Center of Elgin is a large non-profit nursing home located in Elgin, Illinois. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a decent rating. The nursing homes in Elgin received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this facility's report card is is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Rosewood Care Center of Elgin
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2355 Royal Boulevard,
Elgin IL 60123
75.53% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Inspection scores are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a favorable score in short-term care. This nursing home received a B+ in this category, which turns out to be one of our more impressive scores. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be most important for individuals needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. This place excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It provided more care from registered nurses and physical therapists than a typical facility. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in Illinois in this area with 58.1 percent of its residents returning home. At most facilities, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosewood Care Center of Elgin?
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in nursing. This facility earned a grade of B+ in this category, which is one of our better grades. Our nursing rating analyzes the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's worst area is long-term care, which is the final category we analyzed. We gave it an F for this category. Despite multiple acceptable grades in other areas, this grade is still disappointing so we wanted to make a note of it. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated only 58.30258 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 1.15 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosewood Care Center of Elgin Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffered falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 29.52% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 87.71% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rosewood Care Center of Elgin, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Elgin, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Elgin, Illinois has 7 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 1.25 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.29 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 10 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Delnor Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away300 Randall Rd Geneva Illinois 60134Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 208-3000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.8 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.42 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 16.91 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Dialysis Care Center - Elgin0.03 miles away995 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Dialysis Stations: 14 (815) 714-7171
- Davita - Silverbridge Home Training1.6 miles away2410 Alft Lane, Ste 101 Elgin Illinois 60124Dialysis Stations: 4 (847) 289-5628
- Fmc - of Elgin2.06 miles away2130 Point Blvd. Suite 800 Elgin Illinois 60123CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (847) 428-3605
- Davita - Cobblestone Dialysis3.48 miles away836 Dundee Ave. Elgin Illinois 60120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 888-9386
- Fkc - Elgin4.12 miles away770 N Mclean Boulevard South Elgin Illinois 60177Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 695-5345
- Davita - Carpentersville4.63 miles away2203 Randall Rd Carpentersville Illinois 60110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (847) 426-6456
- Usrc - Streamwood Dialysis7.66 miles away149 Irving Park Streamwood Illinois 60107Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 289-2104
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center8.84 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700