Located in Edwardsville, Illinois, Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville is one of a mere three available nursing homes there. This is a lower end facility, with an overall grade of D. This wasn't the worse place we graded, but we would still struggle to recommend it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong nursing grade. You can scroll down to find out about nursing and other category scores
Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
6277 Center Grove Road,
Edwardsville IL 62025
58.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we want to point out its much more favorable nursing grade this year. We gave it a respectable grade of B+ in this category, which was much better than its overall rating. The nursing category assesses several components, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided 4.7 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an impressive metric which typically leads to quality care. Lastly, this place also performed very well in most of the quality-based metrics we assessed. By way of illustration, it had a low number of residents sustaining pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities next best area was long-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this area. This is essentially a middle of the road score in this category. In calculating our long-term care grades, we analyze the personal care received by the nursing home's patients. This nursing home's vaccination records weren't as impressive as its nursing hours. It administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 57.08502 percent of its patients. We'd love to see some improvement in this area next year. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Although it had 2.25 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was better than the majority of nursing homes since it had more complicated patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only received a D for its short-term care grade, which is not one of our better scores. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is more often than not a solid assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility did not fare well here either. We found that just 45.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was below the national average.
In our final category of inspections, this facility received an F here. Since this data is collected by independent government inspectors, we heavily weight negative feedback in this category. When a place has this bad of an inspection score, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This particular facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed large government fines amounting to over $100,000. This often signifies that a nursing home's poor track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffered from a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 29.52% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 87.71% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rosewood Care Center of Edwardsville, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.07 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 14.38 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.23 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.55 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.59 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.65 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.39 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Davita - Edwardsville Dialysis1.92 miles away235 South Buchanan Street Edwardsville Illinois 62025Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 692-9217
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis4.41 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis4.41 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Collinsville7.41 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Davita - Granite City Dialysis Center9.32 miles away9 American Village Granite City Illinois 62040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 452-5858
- Davita - Foxpoint Dialysis9.7 miles away1300 Schaefer Rd. Suite J Granite City Illinois 62040Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 451-8730
- Fmc - Southwest Illinois11.81 miles away# 7 Professional Drive Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 463-5584
- North County Kidney Care Dialysis13.29 miles away1554 Sierra Vista Plz Saint Louis Missouri 63138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 438-0864