With over 20 nursing homes to choose from located in Indianapolis, Indiana, Rosewalk is one of the seemingly endless list of possibilities. This facility is a relatively poor facility. A grade in this range suggests we found a few red flags. Although this score isn't too far off the city grade in Indianapolis which is a C, you still should be able to find a better option. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection reports. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - City/county
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively solid health inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B+ in this category, which is much better than its overall score. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid places that had a long list of deficiencies. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it a grade of B in this area, which is one of our more favorable scores. In our short-term care score, we strive to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosewalk?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Our nursing score analyzes quite a few subcategories, but the main one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility averaged just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care, was this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that area. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosewalk Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosewalk, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosewalk, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosewalk, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which suffered from a UTI. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosewalk, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosewalk, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosewalk, 12.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosewalk, 91.56% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosewalk, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosewalk, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Rosewalk, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosewalk, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosewalk, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rosewalk, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 0.33 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 10.9 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Davita - Indy East0.38 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East1.24 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Fmc - Irvington1.33 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Fmc-Indianapolis Midtown3.78 miles away3007 Dr Andrew J Brown Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 924-8104
- Fmc - Indianapolis4.68 miles away2480 North Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46208CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (317) 923-4520
- Davita Fall Creek4.79 miles away3820 N College Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 926-5125
- Davita Metro Point Dialysis4.84 miles away1218 North Pennsylvania Street Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 686-0548
- Fmc - Circle City4.88 miles away1420 N. Senate Ave., Suite B Indianapolis Indiana 46202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 632-1273