Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center is an average-sized facility in Roseville, California. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires quality marks in most areas. Based on our ratings, this nursing home looks like a good fit for most people. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this facility really excelled at short-term care, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable area is long-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this area. This is essentially a slightly below average grade in this category. With our long-term care rating, we focus on the amount of services provided by a nursing home, as well as some quality datapoints. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is better than most nursing homes. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Moving on our final category, inspections proved to be this nursing home's worst area. It received a C in this area. Inspection scores are based on a facility's government inspection reports. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were category G through L deficiencies. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 95.72% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for patients health.
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Roseville Point Health & Wellness Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Roseville, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Roseville, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - RosevilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.47 miles away1600 Eureka Road Roseville California 95661Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 784-4000
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 8.13 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Mercy Hospital of FolsomAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away1650 Creekside Drive Folsom California 95630Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 983-7400
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 11.3 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.03 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 15.59 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.01 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Rai Harding Blvd0.83 miles away1781 Santa Clara Drive Roseville California 95661Dialysis Stations: 16 (916) 746-0071
- Davita Roseville Dialysis Center1.23 miles away1836 Sierra Gardens Dr., Suite 150 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 772-0306
- Rai Secret Ravine Parkway2.42 miles away1451 Secret Ravine Parkway Suite 130 Roseville California 95661CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 773-4000
- Antelope Dialysis Center3.18 miles away6406 Tupelo Drive Ste-A Citrus Heights California 95621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (916) 721-1800
- Rai Fairway Rocklin3.86 miles away6000 Fairway Drive Ste #14 Rocklin California 95677Dialysis Stations: 14 (916) 624-3871
- Orangevale Dialysis Center5.36 miles away9267 Greenback Lane #a2 Orangevale California 95662CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 988-5666
- North Highlands Dialysis Center6.47 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Dci Madison Dialysis Clinic6.49 miles away5222 Madison Avenue Sacramento California 95841Dialysis Stations: 12 (916) 338-6644