Rosegate Village is located in the large metropolitan area of Indianapolis, Indiana. With an overall rating of B, this facility is a fine option. Even with Indianapolis offering 24 nursing homes to choose from, this nursing home turns out to be a perfectly acceptable option. This place is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - City/county
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a strong facility is that it earned an impressive inspection rating. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In this area, we gave it an A-. Our inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A few relatively minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was awarded favorable short-term care scores this year. Indeed, we gave it one of our stronger grades in that category, with a grade of B+. Short-term care scores are critical for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosegate Village?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. The nursing category assesses several datapoints, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Indiana in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning a resident more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. This facility was awarded a B- in this area. Our long-term care ratings are more meaningful for folks needing more traditional services associated with personal care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.75845 percent of its patients, which is a very solid total. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosegate Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosegate Village, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosegate Village, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that have had falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosegate Village, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients which experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosegate Village, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosegate Village, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosegate Village, 14.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosegate Village, 91.03% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosegate Village, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosegate Village, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Rosegate Village, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosegate Village, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosegate Village, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rosegate Village, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 0.68 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 9.06 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.76 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Johnson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away1125 W Jefferson St Franklin Indiana 46131Government - Local(317) 736-3300
- Franciscan Health MooresvilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.03 miles away1201 Hadley Rd Mooresville Indiana 46158Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 831-1160
- Davita - Indy South Dialysis1.92 miles away972 Emerson Parkway, Suite E Greenwood Indiana 46143Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 881-0641
- Indiana Dialysis Company2.26 miles away7840 Madison Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46227CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (317) 300-9400
- Fresenius Medical Care Indiana, LLC2.59 miles away6826 Madison Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 791-8362
- Us Renal Care-Greenwood Renal Center2.87 miles away125 Airport Parkway, Suite 140 Greenwood Indiana 46143CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (317) 883-1280
- Fmc - Indianapolis-South3.18 miles away1350 E County Line Rd Suite L Indianapolis Indiana 46227Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 865-8520
- Davita - Marion County3.65 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171
- Davita - Indy East8.82 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Fmc - Irvington9.44 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207