Rose Villa Senior Living Community is a small non-profit nursing home in Portland, Oregon. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the highest grades we offer. Even in a city with 33 other nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a great option. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its long-term care score. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Rose Villa Senior Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 96.12403 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize negative health outcomes for the nursing home population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Nursing grades are largely based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Rose Villa Senior Living Community?
Moving on to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A for that category. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we analyzed, this facility received an impressive grade grade of A- in our short-term care category. With this score, the facility topped off a straight A report card. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for people needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rose Villa Senior Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 5.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 92.57% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rose Villa Senior Living Community, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 5.48 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Legacy Meridian Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away19300 Sw 65th Avenue Tualatin Oregon 97062Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 692-2182
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.68 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Lake Road Dialysis2.55 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288
- Fmc Clackamas Kidney Center4.16 miles away13560 Se 97th Ave Clackamas Oregon 97015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (503) 659-8200
- Foster Powell Dialysis4.97 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Willamette Valley Renal Center5.58 miles away1510 Division St Ste 90 Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 557-1373
- Meridian Park Dialysis Center5.7 miles away19255 Sw 65th Ave Suite 100 Tualatin Oregon 97062Dialysis Stations: 14 (503) 692-8159
- Pnrs Tualatin6.42 miles away7780 Sw Mohawk St Tualatin Oregon 97062CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (971) 224-4000
- Fmc Hilltop Dialysis6.76 miles away328 Warner Milne Rd Oregon City Oregon 97045Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 650-2357
- Rose City Dialysis, LLC6.88 miles away10300 Sw Nimbus Ave Ste Pa Portland Oregon 97223Dialysis Stations: 13 (503) 443-4909