Roosevelt Care Center is located in Edison, New Jersey, a city with a population of 100,058 people. Sporting an overall score of A, this turned out to be ranked among the top three nursing homes in the city. You simply can not do much better than this facility. We also gave this nursing home phenomenal scores in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Roosevelt Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place turned out to be a quality nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is as good as it gets in this category. Inspection grades are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. We assessed the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with residents, in determining our rating in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Roosevelt Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was short-term care. Adding to its superb profile, this facility also excelled in that category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A- in the category. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, this nursing home also was awarded a very strong long-term care score, with a grade of A-. This completed a very favorable profile. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 90.127975 percent of its patients. This is somewhat less than we anticipated. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Roosevelt Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Roosevelt Care Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Roosevelt Care Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term patients who suffered falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Roosevelt Care Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Roosevelt Care Center, 5.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Roosevelt Care Center, 92% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Roosevelt Care Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Roosevelt Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Roosevelt Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Roosevelt Care Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Roosevelt Care Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Roosevelt Care Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Edison, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Edison, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 0.82 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.56 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Dva Edison1.7 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Davita Metuchen Dialysis1.71 miles away319 Lake Avenue Metuchen New Jersey 08840Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 906-5714
- Davita Woodbridge Dialysis Center1.94 miles away541 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 750-0639
- Ara Garden State Kidney Center2.31 miles away345 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 855-2100
- Fmc Edison2.83 miles away2 Olsen Ave Edison New Jersey 08820Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 549-3286
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr2.89 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Davita Durham Corners4.18 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Dva Perth Amboy Dialysis Ctr4.67 miles away271 King Street Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 442-3836