Roosevelt Care Center is located in Edison, New Jersey, a city with a population of 100,058 people. With an A overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the country. You really can't do much better than this facility. We also gave this facility impressive grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Roosevelt Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Edison senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its elite profile, this facility also performed well in our short-term care area. In fact, it received a grade of A for the category. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Roosevelt Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care. Contributing to its strong resume, this nursing home also performed well in this category. In fact, we gave it a of A for that category. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 98.79932 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The last category we rated was nursing, where this facility was awarded an A-. This completed a very strong profile. Very few nursing homes received an A- or better in each of our categories. When computing a facility's nursing score, we consider the quantity of hours nurses are seeing patients as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Roosevelt Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Roosevelt Care Center, 9.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Roosevelt Care Center, 1.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Roosevelt Care Center, 0.55% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center, 2.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Roosevelt Care Center, 17.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Roosevelt Care Center, 98.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Roosevelt Care Center, 10.6% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Roosevelt Care Center, 7.35% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Roosevelt Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Roosevelt Care Center, 7.35% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Roosevelt Care Center, 5.21% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Roosevelt Care Center, 89.28% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 0.82 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.56 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Dva Edison1.7 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Davita Metuchen Dialysis1.71 miles away319 Lake Avenue Metuchen New Jersey 08840Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 906-5714
- Davita Woodbridge Dialysis Center1.94 miles away541 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 750-0639
- Ara Garden State Kidney Center2.31 miles away345 Main Street Woodbridge New Jersey 07095Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 855-2100
- Fmc Edison2.83 miles away2 Olsen Ave Edison New Jersey 08820Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 549-3286
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr2.89 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Davita Durham Corners4.18 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Dva Perth Amboy Dialysis Ctr4.67 miles away271 King Street Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 442-3836