Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center is a small facility located in Rockville Centre, New York. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some decent marks. Based on our ratings, this facility has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this nursing home's profile was its remarkable inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
50 Maine Avenue,
Rockville Centre NY 11570
89.24% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best grades in this category with an A+. Our inspection scores are tied to many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies an immediate threat to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its next highest category grade in the area of short-term care. We gave this nursing home a C in this area, which is a respectable score. Short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Remarkably, this facility provides its residents with at least 50% more physical therapist hours per week than the average facility. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. This place was above average in this metric with 50.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third highest area we gave this facility in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility vaccinated 99.4186 percent of its residents, which is a very solid total. This nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Although it had 1.98 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was better than the majority of nursing homes since it had more complex patients.
Switching gears to our next category, we gave this nursing home a D in nursing. This was the facility's least impressive category grade. There are several factors within this category. Most of the data points are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 3.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is slightly below average. This place also had abysmal scores in some of the quality-based metrics to go along with its weak nursing hours. We looked at the percentage of residents sustaining pressure ulcers and we were very disappointed. This facility was at approximately 150 percent of the national average in this statistic. This is likely a bad sign when you consider that so many bed sores could be avoided with better nursing care. This metric helped pull down this nursing home's nursing grade significantly.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 9.64% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.09% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.02% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 92.45% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 14.69% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 8.78 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rockville Skilled Nursing & Rehab Center, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Nassau University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away2201 Hempstead Turnpike East Meadow New York 11554Government - Local(516) 572-0123
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 6.73 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- St John's Episcopal Hospital at South ShoreAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away327 Beach 19th Street Far Rockaway New York 11691Voluntary non-profit - Church(718) 869-7000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- S. Nassau Communities Hosp.1.31 miles away1 Healthy Way Dialysis - Acute Unit Oceanside New York 11572Dialysis Stations: 3 (516) 632-3944
- Davita Lynbrook Dialysis Center1.87 miles away147 Scranton Avenue Lynbrook New York 11563CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (516) 596-4101
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hempstead2.58 miles away615 Peninsula Boulevard Hempstead New York 11550CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (516) 483-6702
- West Nassau Dialysis Ctr, Inc2.7 miles away75 Rockaway Avenue Valley Stream New York 11580CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 823-4444
- South Nassau Outpatient Dialysis Center2.97 miles away3618 Oceanside Road Oceanside New York 11572CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (516) 255-8000
- Main Street Dialysis Center, LLC3.47 miles away3 North Main Street Freeport New York 11520Dialysis Stations: 24 (516) 771-7112
- Woodmere Dialysis LLC3.73 miles awayFive Towns Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation 1050 Central Avenue Woodmere New York 11598Dialysis Stations: 14 (516) 791-5277
- Nassau University Medical Center3.97 miles awayA. Holly Paterson Extended Care Facility 875 Jerusalem Avenue Uniondale New York 11553CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (516) 572-1800