Located in Rockville, Maryland, Rockville Nursing Home is one of only two available facilities in this city. It looks like this is a great facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong grade. You can certainly do much worse than this facility. This facility is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Rockville Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Rockville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. Inspection grades are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care score. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 68.46473 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a few points less than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rockville Nursing Home?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. We scrutinized the levels of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours those nurses spent with patients, in computing our score in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. This nursing home received a very good short-term care grade in our assessment, with a grade of C. Even though this isn't nearly as dominant as several of its other grades, this is still a respectable rating for this category. In crafting our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rockville Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rockville Nursing Home, 6.48% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rockville Nursing Home, 3.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rockville Nursing Home, 2.16% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rockville Nursing Home, 10.21% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rockville Nursing Home, 19.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rockville Nursing Home, 14.16% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rockville Nursing Home, 78.26% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rockville Nursing Home, 15.74% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rockville Nursing Home, 20.74% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Rockville Nursing Home, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rockville Nursing Home, 20.74% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rockville Nursing Home, 7.62% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rockville Nursing Home, 70.48% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.94 miles away9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville Maryland 20850Voluntary non-profit - Private(240) 826-6527
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 6.9 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Holy Cross Germantown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away19801 Observation Drive Germantown Maryland 20876Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 557-6020
- Medstar Montgomery Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away18101 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 774-8882
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.52 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- Advanced Dialysis Center - Rockville0.67 miles away299 Hurley Ave Rockville Maryland 20850Dialysis Stations: 9 (301) 838-9119
- Davita - Rockville2.11 miles away15204 Omega Drive Suite 110 Rockville Maryland 20850CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 947-2427
- Brownwood Dialysis LLC3.23 miles away5544 Norbeck Rd Rockville Maryland 20853CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 460-2090
- Us Renal Care - Rockville3.3 miles away11800 a Nebel St Rockville Maryland 20852Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 468-3221
- Bma - Rockville4 miles away7524 Standish Pl Ste 100-B Derwood Maryland 20855Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 610-0711
- Bma - Bethesda4.43 miles away6420 Rockledge Dr Ste 1100 Bethesda Maryland 20817Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 652-2554
- Gaithersburg Dialysis4.66 miles away202 Perry Parkway Suite 3 Gaithersburg Maryland 20877Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 987-0912
- Bma - Wheaton7.2 miles away10901b Georgia Avenue Silver Spring Maryland 20902Dialysis Stations: 14 (301) 933-1307