Rockingham County Nursing Home is a facility located in Exeter, New Hampshire, which has a population of 20,955 people. This facility is among the best nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the 25 best facilities in New Hampshire. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Rockingham County Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
117 North Road,
Exeter NH 03833
54.2% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Very few places performed as well in this area. Inspection grades are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a fine short-term care score. Indeed, this turned out to be its second most impressive category score. In that area, this facility received a grade of A. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be more meaningful for folks requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Rockingham County Nursing Home?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing score weighs a handful of datapoints, but the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care. In this category, we gave this nursing home an above average grade of B. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.31035 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid negative health outcomes for the senior population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rockingham County Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 6.48% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 5.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 2.56% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 16.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 14.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 6.23% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 18.44% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 1.55 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 13.79 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
- Exeter Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away5 Alumni Drive Exeter New Hampshire 03833Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 778-7311
- Portsmouth Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away333 Borthwick Ave Portsmouth New Hampshire 03801Proprietary(603) 436-5110
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.39 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Wentworth-Douglass HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.76 miles away789 Central Ave Dover New Hampshire 03820Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 740-2580
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Exeter7.07 miles away1 Hampton Road, Suite 109 Exeter New Hampshire 03833Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 777-9931
- Seacoast Dialysis Center13.46 miles away155 Borthwick Ave Suite 100 Portsmouth New Hampshire 03801Dialysis Stations: 18 (603) 436-4567
- Fmc of Newburyport15.97 miles away260 Merrimac Street Towle Building Newburyport Massachusetts 01950CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 465-7030
- Fresenius Medical Care of Cocheco River15.97 miles away343 Sixth Street Dover New Hampshire 03820Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 742-9765
- Fresenius Medical Care of Methuen18.9 miles away421 Merrimack Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Dialysis Stations: 21 (978) 975-3117
- Versailles Dialysis LLC19.31 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc19.55 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Merrimack Valley19.7 miles away100 Milk Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 686-9900