Rockingham County Nursing Home is a facility located in Exeter, New Hampshire, which has a population of 20,955 people. This facility is among the best nursing homes we assessed. A grade in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. We were impressed enough to rate this facility as one of the 50 best facilities in New Hampshire. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Rockingham County Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this facility excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A+. Very few places performed as well in this area. Inspection grades are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A. Our nursing rating assesses a handful of components, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Rockingham County Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next category, we gave this nursing home a score of A- for its short-term care grade. This is a superb score. In our short-term care score, we try to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, this nursing home received an extremely favorable long-term care grade. Although this isn't quite as impressive as several of its other grades, this is still one of the more favorable scores a facility can receive. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.97119 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rockingham County Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 5.18% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 3.06% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 16.95% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 16.72% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 5.54% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 95.74% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 19.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 24.67% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 24.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 11.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rockingham County Nursing Home, 77.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Exeter Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away5 Alumni Drive Exeter New Hampshire 03833Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 778-7311
- Portsmouth Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.78 miles away333 Borthwick Ave Portsmouth New Hampshire 03801Proprietary(603) 436-5110
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.39 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Wentworth-Douglass HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.76 miles away789 Central Ave Dover New Hampshire 03820Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 740-2580
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Exeter7.07 miles away1 Hampton Road, Suite 109 Exeter New Hampshire 03833Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 777-9931
- Seacoast Dialysis Center13.46 miles away155 Borthwick Ave Suite 100 Portsmouth New Hampshire 03801Dialysis Stations: 18 (603) 436-4567
- Fmc of Newburyport15.97 miles away260 Merrimac Street Towle Building Newburyport Massachusetts 01950CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 465-7030
- Fresenius Medical Care of Cocheco River15.97 miles away343 Sixth Street Dover New Hampshire 03820Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 742-9765
- Fresenius Medical Care of Methuen18.9 miles away421 Merrimack Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Dialysis Stations: 21 (978) 975-3117
- Versailles Dialysis LLC19.31 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc19.55 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Merrimack Valley19.7 miles away100 Milk Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 686-9900