Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in North Little Rock, Arkansas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some respectable scores. In our view, this nursing home is a solid choice for most people. You also may want to review this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a short-term care grade which is better than its overall grade. We awarded this nursing home a B in this category. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We would argue that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Does this page answer your questions about Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. The nursing score weighs several datapoints, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This facility averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is well below average. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of these quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this statistic. This can be a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category was long-term care, which is the final category we analyzed. For this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes provide. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 91.62791 percent of its residents, which is a few points lower than we anticipated. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls resulting in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.34% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.09% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 95.41% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.1% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.1 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Robinson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 77.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for North Little Rock, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? North Little Rock, Arkansas has 4 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health Medical Center North Little RockAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away3333 Springhill Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 202-3000
- St Vincent Medical Center/NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away2215 Wildwood Avenue Sherwood Arkansas 72120Voluntary non-profit - Church(501) 552-7100
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 4.72 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 5.05 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- North Metro Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away1400 Braden Street Jacksonville Arkansas 72076Proprietary(501) 985-7000
- Davita - North Little Rock Dialysis Ctr3.42 miles away4505 E Mccain Blvd North Little Rock Arkansas 72117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 945-2323
- Arkansas Childrens Hospital-Dialysis5.59 miles away1 Childrens Way-Slot 204 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Dialysis Stations: 7 (501) 364-1813
- Davita - Diamond State Dialysis6.08 miles away9022 Landers Rd Suite E North Little Rock Arkansas 72117Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 834-1393
- Fmcna - East Little Rock6.13 miles away5320 West 12th St Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 660-7867
- Fmcna - Little Rock Dialysis6.86 miles away10310 W Markham Ste 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 225-3890
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis6.89 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic7.46 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis7.68 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123