Robin Run Health Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home in Indianapolis, Indiana. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the better nursing homes we looked at. A grade in this range requires very strong marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the nation. As you can find below, this place also performed well in our category scores. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Robin Run Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing score weighs quite a few datapoints, most of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Robin Run Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a favorable short-term care grade. Indeed, we awarded it an above average score of B+ in this area. Our short-term care grades are vital for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was long-term care. In this area, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of B. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.25373 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Robin Run Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Robin Run Health Center, 7.36% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Robin Run Health Center, 4.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Robin Run Health Center, 1.69% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Robin Run Health Center, 13.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Robin Run Health Center, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Robin Run Health Center, 14.48% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Robin Run Health Center, 91.03% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Robin Run Health Center, 15.46% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Robin Run Health Center, 12.91% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Robin Run Health Center, 1.53 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Robin Run Health Center, 12.91 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Robin Run Health Center, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Robin Run Health Center, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center0.6 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Davita - Eagle Highlands3.32 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC3.64 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770
- Davita - Westview Dialysis3.83 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North4.75 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis6.05 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Davita Fall Creek6.52 miles away3820 N College Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 926-5125
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West6.62 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550