Robin Run Health Center is an average-sized nursing home in Indianapolis, Indiana. This is a quality nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good grade. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its short-term care score. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Robin Run Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care grades are likely more meaningful for residents in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Robin Run Health Center?
In addition, this nursing home also earned first-rate government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our more favorable grades in that area, with a grade of A-. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored was long-term care, which is this nursing home's least impressive category. We awarded this nursing home a D in that category. However, we wouldn't judge this nursing home based solely on this area, as it received many high-end grades in other categories. For residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinates 99.15254 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Robin Run Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Robin Run Health Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Robin Run Health Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who have experienced a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Robin Run Health Center, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that have sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Robin Run Health Center, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Robin Run Health Center, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Robin Run Health Center, 12.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Robin Run Health Center, 91.56% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Robin Run Health Center, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Robin Run Health Center, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Robin Run Health Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Robin Run Health Center, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Robin Run Health Center, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Robin Run Health Center, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center0.6 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Davita - Eagle Highlands3.32 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC3.64 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770
- Davita - Westview Dialysis3.83 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North4.75 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis6.05 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Davita Fall Creek6.52 miles away3820 N College Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46205Dialysis Stations: 20 (317) 926-5125
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West6.62 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550