Roberts Health Centre is a small facility in North Kingstown, Rhode Island. With an overall rating of A, this is actually the highest graded nursing home in the city. We really couldn't find many negative things to say about this place. Its scores are impeccable. This facility was also given phenomenal ratings in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Roberts Health Centre
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was strong in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A. Very few facilities received a better grade in this area. Short-term care ratings are critical for people in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Roberts Health Centre?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. In determining a nursing home's nursing rating, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for residents and the levels of training of those nurses. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this nursing home also performed admirably in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category. This topped off truly elite profile. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 92.696625 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat less than we expected but still a respectable percentage. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Roberts Health Centre Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Roberts Health Centre, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Roberts Health Centre, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Roberts Health Centre, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Roberts Health Centre, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Roberts Health Centre, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term care patients that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Roberts Health Centre, 2.96% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Roberts Health Centre, 94.59% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Roberts Health Centre, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Roberts Health Centre, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Roberts Health Centre, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Roberts Health Centre, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Roberts Health Centre, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Roberts Health Centre, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- South County Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away100 Kenyon Ave Wakefield Rhode Island 02879Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 782-8020
- Newport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away11 Friendship Street Newport Rhode Island 02840Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 846-6400
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 16.36 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 16.73 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.92 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.1 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.73 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Dialysis Center of West Warwick7.92 miles away1775 Bald Hill Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (401) 823-8420
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick9.26 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Wakefield Dialysis Center10.01 miles away10 High Street Suite C Wakefield Rhode Island 02879CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (401) 792-3450
- Dialysis Center of Providence16.42 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Dialysis Center of Johnston17.36 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital17.72 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital17.89 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of East Providence18.08 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200