Wesley Ridge Retirement Community is a facility in Reynoldsburg, Ohio, a city with 51,836 people. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is a high-end rating. This is just about as good of a facility as you'll find. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Wesley Ridge Retirement Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ in short-term care. Short-term care grades are important for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Turning to inspections, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspections. We awarded it an A for that category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. It does not appear that we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without having complete information regarding deficiencies for this nursing home, it ended up being a challenge to really assess it in the area of inspections.
Does this page answer your questions about Wesley Ridge Retirement Community?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. In calculating a facility's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses commit to patients and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care, which was a weak link for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a grade of D in the area of long-term care, rendering this the nursing home's least impressive category grade. We would still suggest that you consider all of a nursing home's grades. In calculating these long-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. One of the data points we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 90.90909 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wesley Ridge Retirement Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that sustained falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents that suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 20% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 90.19% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wesley Ridge Retirement Community, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Diley Ridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away7911 Diley Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 838-7910
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 9.92 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 12.14 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 12.5 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 14.11 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.14 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 14.69 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Fmc Canal Winchester, LLC1.55 miles away1310 Hill Road North Suite 100 Pickerington Ohio 43147Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 751-8660
- Kidney Center of Whitehall LLC2.63 miles away6038 East Main Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 866-4250
- Fmc - Mt. Carmel East3.67 miles away85 Mcnaughten Rd., Suite 140 Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 322-0433
- Davita - Columbus East Dialysis3.96 miles away299 Outerbelt Street Columbus Ohio 43213Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 501-7224
- Fmc - Liberty Mid-America Dialysis LLC.4.71 miles away2355 South Hamilton Rd Columbus Ohio 43232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 367-1679
- Fmc - Central Ohio East5.87 miles away4039 East Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43213CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (614) 338-8202
- Davita Pataskala Dialysis6.87 miles away642 East Broad Street Pataskala Ohio 43062Dialysis Stations: 8 (740) 964-1306
- Kidney Center of Bexley7.81 miles away1151 College Ave. Columbus Ohio 43209Dialysis Stations: 15 (614) 231-2200