Riverview Pointe Care Center is a large nursing home located in Olmsted Falls, Ohio. This is a fine nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Olmsted Falls. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Riverview Pointe Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Olmsted Falls senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall score, this place also earned top notch health inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our best grades in this area, with a grade of A+. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also was awarded favorable long-term care scores this year. In fact, we gave them one of our stronger grades in that area, with a grade of B. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.69452 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverview Pointe Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities third best area is short-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the pack grade in this area. Short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The last category we assessed was nursing, which proved to be this facility's weakest category. We awarded this nursing home a D in that category. Naturally, this score hurt the nursing home's overall grade to some degree. Our nursing grade is largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. While this nursing home's nursing hours are below average, it surprised us in a few of the qualitative areas in this category. In particular, we were pleased to see that its patients are suffering fewer pressure ulcers than the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverview Pointe Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 0.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 7.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 12.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents that are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 32.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 27.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 98.88% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 24.93% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 13.29% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 13.29% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 5.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverview Pointe Care Center, 74.18% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.72 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.51 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.75 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.48 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.11 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Medina HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.81 miles away1000 East Washington Street Medina Ohio 44256Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 725-1000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.34 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights3.62 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis4.06 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern4.49 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630
- Davita Dialysis - Strongsville6.08 miles away17792 Pearl Rd. Strongsville Ohio 44136CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 238-9270
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West6.25 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Center for Dialysis Care Westside Home Care LLC6.62 miles away24651 Center Ridge Rd Suite 450 Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 10 (440) 899-2808
- Fmc - Westlake Dialysis Center7.56 miles away26024 Detroit Road Westlake Ohio 44145Dialysis Stations: 23 (440) 835-1139
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis7.7 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895