Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home in Dayton, Ohio. Our rating system was not kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall score of F. This facility did not have any redeeming qualities. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Neither this nursing home's overall grade nor its category grades gave us much to write home about. This place's best category was inspections, but even there we gave it just a D. This is still a very poor score. One of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received large government fines recently amounting to more than $100,000. This often suggests that a facility's poor performance spanned more than one year.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility ended up receiving a rock-bottom grade in our short-term care category. It was given an F in this category. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. As you might expect, we found that this place provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
In our next category, we gave this nursing home a rock-bottom F in the area of long-term care. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. After we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated only 78.89447 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
The next category we analyzed was nursing. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this category, which is an abysmal score. Our nursing rating analyzes quite a few components, however, the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This place offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who are showing signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Dayton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Dayton, Ohio has 33 other nursing homes
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.54 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Upper Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.44 miles away3130 North County Road 25a Troy Ohio 45373Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 440-7853
- Davita Five Rivers Dialysis0.92 miles away4750 N Main Street Dayton Ohio 45405Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 278-5139
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton1.34 miles away455 Turner Road, Suite B Dayton Ohio 45415Dialysis Stations: 6 (937) 278-8261
- Davita - Dayton North Dialysis1.36 miles away455 Turner Road Dayton Ohio 45415CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 44 (937) 278-7861
- Davita - Buckeye Dialysis1.45 miles away3050 S Dixie Dr Dayton Ohio 45409CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 643-2337
- Fmc - Dayton West2.46 miles away4100 Salem Avenue Dayton Ohio 45416CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (937) 279-3120
- Fresenius Kidney Care Dayton East4.32 miles away821 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 222-5859
- Davita Trotwood4.57 miles away5680 Salem Bend Drive Dayton Ohio 45426Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 832-8432
- Davita Mallory Park5.08 miles away2808 Germantown St Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 24 (937) 262-8427