Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Trenton, New Jersey. We gave this facility a B- overall, which is a decent score. This is comparable with the city grade in Trenton, which is a B. Even in a city featuring 11 other nursing homes, this nursing home ought to be a sound selection. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Trenton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place really excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category scores was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 88.25996 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a few points below what we anticipated but still a decent figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. The nursing score includes several components, however, the most important one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is far below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures. Although this facility got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared well in this metric. This is generally an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care, turned out to be this facility's weakest category. We gave this facility a D in that area. This was one of just a few weak links on an otherwise impressive report card. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is often a useful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. In this place's case, we found that it provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 6.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0.91% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents which had UTI's. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 24.36% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 23.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 91.47% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.89% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.89% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.89% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 15.88% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 88.62% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Trenton, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Trenton, New Jersey has 10 other nursing homes
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.25 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.08 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.74 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 15.23 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.41 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.55 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.99 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- H. Fuld Capital Health1.24 miles awayDialysis Unit 750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (609) 394-6000
- Davita Renal Center Hamilton1.82 miles away1013 Whitehorse Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08610Dialysis Stations: 19 (609) 438-3002
- Davita Renal Ctr Trenton2.16 miles awayC/O St. Francis Hospital 601 Hamilton Ave 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08629Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 393-2388
- Fmc Trenton2.42 miles away40 Fuld Street 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (609) 394-5104
- Physicians Dialysis Lawrenceville3.21 miles away1840 Princeton Avenue Lawrence Township New Jersey 08648CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 278-0999
- Fmc Ewing4.07 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600
- Fmc Hamilton Square4.1 miles awayTwo Hamilton Health Place Trenton New Jersey 08690CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 689-9260
- Fmc Hamilton Home LLC6.16 miles away3836 Quakerbridge Road Suite 208 Trenton New Jersey 08619Dialysis Stations: 4 (609) 586-5001