Riverside Heights Healthcare Center is on a list of 19 possibilities in Riverside, California. Sporting an overall grade of B-, this looks like a respectable facility. Based on our ratings, this nursing home likely wouldn't be a bad choice. You should also take a look at this facility's category grades below. We discuss long-term care in the next section.
Riverside Heights Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really fared well in the area of long-term care, where it received an impressive grade of A+. Few facilities fared better in this area. If it wasn't for this category, this place's overall grade would have been lower. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. Once we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Inspections is another area where this nursing home excelled. We gave this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. This is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category usually have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverside Heights Healthcare Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing grade focuses on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this facility did not fare very well. With a poor grade of F in short-term care, this was this facility's poorest category grade. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. We found that this place was subpar in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverside Heights Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents that were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 95.72% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility.
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverside Heights Healthcare Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 7.89 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 11.69 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis3.26 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Fmc-Rai-Juniper Ave-Fontana3.88 miles away10557 Juniper Avenue, Suite B Fontana California 92337CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 854-4336
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Fontana4.44 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 9985 Sierra Avenue Mob-3 Fontana California 92335Dialysis Stations: 5 (909) 427-4253
- u.s. Renal Care Dialysis Center of Ontario6.31 miles away2850 Inland Empire Blvd., Suite C Ontario California 91764CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 476-2638
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center6.62 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700
- Davita-Fontana Dialysis6.83 miles away17590 Foothill Blvd. Fontana California 92335CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 356-9664
- Home Dialysis Centers of Rancho Cucamonga6.86 miles away8239 Rochester Avenue, Suite 110 Rancho Cucamonga California 91730Dialysis Stations: 2 (909) 945-2104
- Davita-Rancho Cucamonga Home Training6.86 miles away8219 Rochester Avenue Rancho Cucamonga California 91730Dialysis Stations: 10 (909) 466-5489