Riverdale Center is in Riverdale, Georgia. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a favorable score. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a good fit for most people. This place's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our nursing grade. Our nursing score is mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverdale Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third category, this nursing home also received a score of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Our short-term care grade is generally used to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services To have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of D for long-term care, making this the facility's least impressive category grade. Nursing homes that do not fare well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 93.424034 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be slightly less than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable figure. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverdale Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverdale Center, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverdale Center, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverdale Center, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverdale Center, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverdale Center, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents that were given antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverdale Center, 5.28% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverdale Center, 93.36% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverdale Center, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverdale Center, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Riverdale Center, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverdale Center, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverdale Center, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverdale Center, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.68 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Piedmont Henry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 604-1000
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.83 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Piedmont Fayette HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville Georgia 30214Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 719-7000
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 13.03 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.02 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 15.16 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Davita Southern Crescent Dialysis Center2.04 miles away275 Upper Riverdale Rd Sw Ste B Riverdale Georgia 30274CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 907-7022
- Fresenius Medical Care Clayton County2.04 miles away181 Upper Riverdale Rd Riverdale Georgia 30274Dialysis Stations: 31 (770) 996-9660
- Forest Park Dialysis Center2.83 miles away380 Forest Parkway Forest Park Georgia 30297Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 361-0646
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.3.33 miles away2450 Mt. Zion Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 11 (770) 472-3814
- Davita Jonesboro Dialysis Center4.29 miles away129 King Street Jonesboro Georgia 30236CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 471-2381
- Tara Boulevard Dialysis4.32 miles away6540 Tara Blvd Suite 200 Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 968-8279
- Fresenius Medical Care Jonesboro, LLC4.32 miles away8060 Summit Business Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 603-8540
- Bma of Atlanta Inc4.59 miles away1720 Phoenix Parkway Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 996-5889