Riverdale Center is in Riverdale, Georgia. We gave this facility an overall score of F. This facility is just about as bad as it gets. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we gave it an A for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the facility's overall grade. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that have a long list of deficiencies. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. Our nursing score is mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This place offered only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverdale Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we graded is long-term care. This facility's was given a low-end long-term care grade where it was given an F. For patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 93.98148 percent of its patients, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was short-term care. This nursing home was given an abysmal grade of F in this category. Short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Considering its score in this category, we were not surprised to find that this facility was well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics doomed this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverdale Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverdale Center, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverdale Center, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who have had falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverdale Center, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverdale Center, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverdale Center, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverdale Center, 5.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverdale Center, 93.26% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverdale Center, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Many would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverdale Center, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In Riverdale Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverdale Center, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverdale Center, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverdale Center, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.68 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Piedmont Henry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 604-1000
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.83 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Piedmont Fayette HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville Georgia 30214Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 719-7000
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.61 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 13.03 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.02 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 15.16 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Davita Southern Crescent Dialysis Center2.04 miles away275 Upper Riverdale Rd Sw Ste B Riverdale Georgia 30274CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 907-7022
- Fresenius Medical Care Clayton County2.04 miles away181 Upper Riverdale Rd Riverdale Georgia 30274Dialysis Stations: 31 (770) 996-9660
- Forest Park Dialysis Center2.83 miles away380 Forest Parkway Forest Park Georgia 30297Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 361-0646
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.3.33 miles away2450 Mt. Zion Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 11 (770) 472-3814
- Davita Jonesboro Dialysis Center4.29 miles away129 King Street Jonesboro Georgia 30236CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 471-2381
- Tara Boulevard Dialysis4.32 miles away6540 Tara Blvd Suite 200 Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 968-8279
- Fresenius Medical Care Jonesboro, LLC4.32 miles away8060 Summit Business Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 603-8540
- Bma of Atlanta Inc4.59 miles away1720 Phoenix Parkway Atlanta Georgia 30349Dialysis Stations: 18 (770) 996-5889