River Pointe Health Campus is a small non-profit facility located in Evansville, Indiana. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of the best grades that we offer. A score in this range requires excellent marks across the board. Evansville offers a double digit count of other nursing homes, but it is unlikely you will need to look at too many others. This one looks like a first-rate option. The best part of this facility's impressive report card was its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
River Pointe Health Campus
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well overall, this facility received an excellent short-term care grade. We gave it an A in that area. Our short-term care grade is often used to measure a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing score is largely based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about River Pointe Health Campus?
We awarded this facility an A- for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a solid grade of B-. This proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
River Pointe Health Campus Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In River Pointe Health Campus, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In River Pointe Health Campus, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term care patients that have had falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In River Pointe Health Campus, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents which experienced UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In River Pointe Health Campus, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In River Pointe Health Campus, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In River Pointe Health Campus, 12.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In River Pointe Health Campus, 91.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In River Pointe Health Campus, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In River Pointe Health Campus, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In River Pointe Health Campus, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In River Pointe Health Campus, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In River Pointe Health Campus, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In River Pointe Health Campus, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Evansville, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Evansville, Indiana has 16 other nursing homes
- Women's Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away4199 Gateway Blvd Newburgh Indiana 47630Proprietary(812) 842-4200
- St Vincent EvansvilleAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away3700 Washington Ave Evansville Indiana 47750Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 485-4000
- Deaconess Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away600 Mary St Evansville Indiana 47747Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 450-5000
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away1305 N Elm St Henderson Kentucky 42420Voluntary non-profit - Church(270) 827-7700
- St Vincent WarrickCritical Access Hospitals 12.57 miles away1116 Millis Ave Boonville Indiana 47601Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 897-4800
- Davita - East Evansville Dialysis3.33 miles away1312 Professional Boulevard Suite 100 Evansville Indiana 47714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (812) 491-6300
- Lofield Dialysis LLC4.32 miles away800 N. Main St. Evansville Indiana 47711Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 423-5368
- Fmc - Ohio Valley Dialysis Center4.68 miles away230 Bellemeade Avenue Evansville Indiana 47713Dialysis Stations: 18 (812) 425-4111
- Davita - North Evansville Dialysis4.89 miles away1151 West Buena Vista Road Evansville Indiana 47710CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (812) 401-0140
- Davita - Newburgh Dialysis5.67 miles away4311 Hwy 261, Suite A Newburgh Indiana 47630CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (812) 853-2010
- Lofield Dialysis, LLC8.48 miles away5301 Pearl Drive Evansville Indiana 47712Dialysis Stations: 13 (812) 467-0161
- Davita - Gardenside Dialysis13.15 miles away70 N Gardenmile Road Henderson Kentucky 42420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (270) 830-0050
- Bridgeview Dialysis17.8 miles away2480 Us Highway 41 N Suite J Henderson Kentucky 42420Dialysis Stations: 12 (270) 830-8061