Rio Pinar Health Care is one of a multitude of available nursing homes to choose from in Orlando, Florida. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is a middle of the road facility. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely wouldn't be a bad choice. The best part of this place's report card was is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Rio Pinar Health Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
It should also be noted that this nursing home's inspection score outpaced its overall grade. We gave it a B+ for its inspections grade, which is one of our better scores. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category scores was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rio Pinar Health Care?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. There are several factors included in this area. Most of the datapoints reflect the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was short-term care, was this facility's least impressive area. We gave this facility a grade of D in that area. This is one of the few dings on a strong report card. In computing our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.7 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rio Pinar Health Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which experienced falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which had a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 94.94% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rio Pinar Health Care, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 11.29 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 15.09 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.53 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.04 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- Central Florida Kindey Center-East Orlando0.28 miles away401 S Chickasaw Trail Orlando Florida 32825Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 434-8910
- Winter Park Dialysis3.78 miles away3727 N Goldenrod Rd Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 657-5262
- Orlando East Dialysis3.91 miles away11616 Lake Underhill Road Bldg 2 Ste 206 Orlando Florida 32825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (407) 384-1175
- Orlando Airport Dialysis4.62 miles away5778 S Semoran Blvd Suite A Orlando Florida 32822Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 282-3835
- Winter Park Home Pd Dialysis4.97 miles away4100 Metric Drive #200 Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 2 (407) 681-8730
- Winter Park Hemo Dialysis4.97 miles away4100 Metric Drive Ste 300 Winter Park Florida 32792CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 681-7600
- Fmc - East Orlando4.99 miles away2200 North Alafaya Trail Suite 600 Orlando Florida 32826Dialysis Stations: 17 (407) 282-1506
- Bio-Medical Applications of Florida, Inc.5.01 miles away6848 Aloma Ave Winter Park Florida 32792Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 673-5191