Ridgecrest Healthcare is a large nursing home in Phoenix, Arizona. With an overall rating of A, this facility is ranked among the better nursing homes in Phoenix, which features plenty of very good facilities. Based on our analysis, you can't go wrong with this facility. As you can find below, this facility also performed well in our category grades. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, this turned out to be its best category. In this area, we awarded this nursing home an A. Nursing grades are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a very strong short-term care score. In fact, this is this nursing home's second strongest category score. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ridgecrest Healthcare?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few relatively minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care category. We gave it a grade of B+ in that category. This topped off a very strong profile. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 97.3301 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ridgecrest Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which have experienced a UTI. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients which were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients which were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 3.1% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 80.03% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ridgecrest Healthcare, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Phoenix, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Phoenix, Arizona has 23 other nursing homes
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)1.04 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- Desert Valley Dialysis (Fmc)4.87 miles away3815 E. Bell Road Ste. 1100 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 788-0755
- Deer Valley Dialysis (Fmc)6.59 miles away21241 N 23rd Ave Ste 11 Phoenix Arizona 85027Dialysis Stations: 19 (623) 869-6089
- Fmc North Mountain6.81 miles away16605 North 28th Avenue Suite 100 Phoenix Arizona 85053Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 863-7954
- North Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)7.22 miles away16101 N 82nd St Ste 6-7 Scottsdale Arizona 85260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (480) 998-1842
- North Phoenix Dialysis (Fmc)7.56 miles away1957 W Dunlap Ave Ste 6c Phoenix Arizona 85021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (602) 943-1763
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)8.2 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)8.23 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241