Richmond Beach Rehab is a large nursing home located in Seattle, Washington. This facility received an uninspiring overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Richmond Beach Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it surprisingly earned a good score in our short-term care rating. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. This was a rare highlight in an otherwise lacking profile. In calculating these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also earned a very impressive nursing score. This turned out to be its second best grade. In this category, we awarded this facility an B. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Richmond Beach Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
Another unfortunate development was the F this facility received in the area of long-term care. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 90.55375 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
The final category we looked at is inspections. This nursing home did not receive favorable government inspection reports in recent years. In fact, we gave it an F here. When a facility has this poor of an inspection grade, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This facility was hit with a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more serious categories of deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies identified by CMS had potential to create actual harm to patients. Finally, this facility also received 12 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Richmond Beach Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 13.74% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 93.71% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Richmond Beach Rehab, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Seattle, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Seattle, Washington has 25 other nursing homes
- Swedish Edmonds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.03 miles away21601 76th Avenue West Edmonds Washington 98026Voluntary non-profit - Private(425) 640-4000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.41 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 8.49 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.32 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.46 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Puget Sound Kc South4.42 miles away21309 44th Ave W Mountlake Terrace Washington 98043CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (425) 744-1095
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center4.79 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center5.09 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center7.79 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Davita Lynnwood Dialysis8.7 miles away13619 Mukilteo Speedway Ste D-1 Lynnwood Washington 98037Dialysis Stations: 3 (425) 741-3616
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis9.03 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center9.64 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Olympic View Dialysis Center10.33 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900