Rialto Post Acute Center is the sole facility we found in Rialto, California. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B, which is favorable score. This facility truly has plenty going for it. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its long-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Rialto Post Acute Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really fared well in the area of long-term care, where it received an A-. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Rialto Post Acute Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing ratings are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, we awarded this facility a D in short-term care. This was the facility's least impressive category score. Sadly, this category pulled down the nursing home's overall grade a bit. Our short-term care scores are probably more important for residents requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. In this facility's case, we found that it provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than a typical facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rialto Post Acute Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rialto Post Acute Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 3.62 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.76 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center1.1 miles away400 N. Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Dialysis Stations: 8 (909) 580-3911
- Davita-Colton Ranch Dialysis1.27 miles away1405 Valley Blvd., Suite 100 Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 783-7948
- Fmc-Rai-Care Centers of Colton, LLC1.36 miles away1275 W. "C" Street Colton California 92324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 430-0930
- Davita-Fontana Dialysis3.71 miles away17590 Foothill Blvd. Fontana California 92335CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 356-9664
- Fmc-Rai-Juniper Ave-Fontana4.02 miles away10557 Juniper Avenue, Suite B Fontana California 92337CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 854-4336
- Fmc-Rai-North Riverside-Rialto4.04 miles away1850 N. Riverside Avenue, Suite 150 Rialto California 92376CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 879-1185
- Davita Serrano Dialysis4.7 miles away1800 Medical Center Dr. Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92411Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 887-2717
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center5.18 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700