Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation is in Weslaco, Texas, a city with 63,844 people. With an overall score of B-, this appears to be a decent nursing home. Based on our assessment, this facility likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the best aspects of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Weslaco senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an excellent inspection grade. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave it an A. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's higher category scores came in the category of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.354836 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a solid score in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The next area we scored was nursing. We gave this facility a grade of D in nursing, rendering this the nursing home's least impressive grade. Our nursing rating is largely based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. With a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were far below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.84% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 93.69% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Orchard Park Post Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Knapp Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away1401 East Eight Street Weslaco Texas 78596Voluntary non-profit - Private(956) 968-8567
- South Texas Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 15.06 miles away1102 W Trenton Road Edinburg Texas 78539Proprietary(956) 632-4484
- Rio Grande Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.84 miles away101 E Ridge Rd Mcallen Texas 78503Proprietary(956) 632-6000
- Doctors Hospital at RenaissanceAcute Care Hospitals 15.91 miles away5501 South Mccoll Edinburg Texas 78539Physician(956) 362-8677
- Cornerstone Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.95 miles away2302 Cornerstone Boulevard Edinburg Texas 78539Proprietary(956) 618-4444
- Rio Grande State CenterPsychiatric 16.76 miles away1401 Rangerville Road Harlingen Texas 78550Government - State(956) 364-8000
- Harlingen Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.7 miles away5501 South Expressway 77 Harlingen Texas 78550Proprietary(956) 365-1000
- Vhs Harlingen Hospital Company LLCAcute Care Hospitals 19.15 miles away2101 Pease St Harlingen Texas 78550Proprietary(956) 389-1100
- Us Renal Care Mid Valley Weslaco Dialysis0.24 miles away1005 S. Airport Drive Weslaco Texas 78596CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (956) 968-5806
- Biomedical Applications of Texas, Inc0.32 miles away1010 Rone Drive Weslaco Texas 78596Dialysis Stations: 23 (956) 973-0002
- Weslaco Renal Center0.37 miles away910 Utah Weslaco Texas 78596CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (956) 968-1895
- Weslaco Dialysis Facility1.3 miles away1614 E Commercial Drive Weslaco Texas 78599CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (956) 973-1970
- Renal Treatment Centers of Southeast, Lp3.86 miles away1307 Cameron St Mercedes Texas 78570Dialysis Stations: 21 (956) 514-2596
- Davita Donna Dialysis5.11 miles away1006 East Hwy 2 Donna Texas 78537Dialysis Stations: 21 (956) 461-2519
- Us Renal Care Delta Dialysis9.43 miles away400 E. Edinburg Blvd Elsa Texas 78543CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (956) 262-3400
- Fresenius Medical Care Tri-City9.62 miles away734 North Alamo Road Alamo Texas 78516CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (956) 783-5628