Located in White Plains, Maryland, Restore Health Rehabilitation Center is the lone facility located in the area. With an overall score of B, this appears to be a good facility. This place truly has plenty working in its favor. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Restore Health Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this facility performed even better in our inspections category which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for this area, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection scores are tied to several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a score of A- for our short-term care score. In forming our short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Restore Health Rehabilitation Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. While this didn't quite match its scores in some of the categories discussed above, this is still a decent score. When computing our nursing ratings, we assess both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared with most other facilities. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is long-term care, which proved to be this facility's worst category. We awarded this facility a D in that category. Unfortunately, this score hurt the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 97.4359 percent of its residents, which is a very solid percentage. To our surprise, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Restore Health Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term care patients that sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 10.18% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 92.14% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Restore Health Rehabilitation Center, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Umd Charles Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away5 Garrett Avenue La Plata Maryland 20646Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 609-4265
- Fort Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.68 miles away11711 Livingston Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744Voluntary non-profit - Other(301) 292-7000
- Medstar Southern Maryland Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away7503 Surratts Road Clinton Maryland 20735Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 868-8000
- Inova Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.48 miles away2501 Parkers Lane Alexandria Virginia 22306Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 664-7000
- Fort Belvoir Community HospitalAcute Care - Department of Defense 14.41 miles away9300 Dewitt Loop Fort Belvoir Virginia 22060Department of Defense(571) 231-3224
- Calverthealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.44 miles away100 Hospital Road Prince Frederick Maryland 20678Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 535-8240
- United Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.67 miles away1310 Southern Avenue Se Washington District of Columbia 20032Proprietary(202) 574-6611
- Inova Alexandria HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.19 miles away4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria Virginia 22304Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 504-3167
- Charles County Dialysis1.2 miles away4475 Regency Place Unit 102 & 103 White Plains Maryland 20695CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (301) 932-9874
- Fmc - Waldorf2.28 miles away3510 Old Washington Road Suite 300 Waldorf Maryland 20603CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (301) 870-0220
- Bma- Laplata4.41 miles away10210 Laplata Road La Plata Maryland 20646CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (301) 392-3007
- Davita La Plata Dialysis5.07 miles away6700 Crain Hwy La Plata Maryland 20646Dialysis Stations: 19 (301) 934-2784
- Brook Dialysis, LLC6.96 miles away7651 Matapeake Business Drive Brandywine Maryland 20613Dialysis Stations: 22 (301) 782-7863
- Bma - Fort Washington9.59 miles away12780 Old Fort Rd Fort Washington Maryland 20744Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 203-9010
- Friendly Farms Home Dialysis10.4 miles away10905 Fort Washington Road Fort Washington Maryland 20744Dialysis Stations: 5 (301) 292-0540
- Fmc - Fort Foote11.6 miles away8507 Oxon Hill Rd Suite 100 Fort Washington Maryland 20744Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 686-0802