Reo Vista Healthcare Center is located in San Diego, California. The city has many available nursing homes. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. Based on our assessment, this facility looks like a good fit for most people. As you can see below, this facility also performed just fine in our category ratings. It would be hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Reo Vista Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Colostomy Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this nursing home performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor dings are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to this facility's list of strengths, it also received a fine short-term care grade. We gave them a strong grade of A- in this category. Short-term care scores are important for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Reo Vista Healthcare Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing score is based on several components, but the main one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. This nursing home didn't end up having any noticeable weaknesses. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 99.433426 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Reo Vista Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Reo Vista Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for San Diego, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Diego, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Paradise Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away2400 East 4th St National City California 91950Proprietary(619) 470-4321
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away751 Medical Center Court Chula Vista California 91911Proprietary(619) 502-5800
- Nmc San DiegoAcute Care - Department of Defense 6.24 miles away34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134Department of Defense(619) 532-6400
- Sharp Coronado Hospital and Hlthcr CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away250 Prospect Place Coronado California 92118Proprietary(619) 435-6251
- Alvarado Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away6655 Alvarado Road San Diego California 92120Proprietary(619) 229-3172
- Grossmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away5555 Grossmont Center Drive Box 58 La Mesa California 91942Government - Hospital District or Authority(619) 465-0711
- Scripps Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.17 miles away4077 5th Ave San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Private(619) 294-8111
- Uc San Diego Health Hillcrest - Hillcrest Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away200 West Arbor Drive San Diego California 92103Voluntary non-profit - Other(619) 543-6222
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Paradise1.51 miles away6919 Paradise Valley Road San Diego California 92139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (619) 475-2872
- Fmc-Balboa South Bay Home Therapies2.58 miles away340 4th Avenue, Suite 18 Chula Vista California 91910Dialysis Stations: 5 (619) 420-1798
- Fmc-National City Dialysis Center2.69 miles away303 W. 26th Street National City California 91950CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (619) 474-8151
- Davita-San Diego East2.94 miles away292 Euclid Avenue, Suite 100 San Diego California 92114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (619) 262-7225
- Fmc-Balboa Marina Bay3.78 miles away630 Bay Blvd., Suite 101 Chula Vista California 91910CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (619) 420-6725
- Fmc-Raven3.9 miles away499 Raven Street San Diego California 92102Dialysis Stations: 31 (619) 263-1518
- Fmc-Gateway Dialysis Center-East4.38 miles away720 Gateway Center Drive, Suite B San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (619) 264-4100
- Davita-San Diego South Dialysis4.48 miles away995 Gateway Center Way, Suite 101 San Diego California 92102CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (619) 262-1960