Renaissance Park Multi Care Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Fort Worth, Texas which has a population of 813,980 people. This nursing home proved to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this place's profile is its exemplary inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Renaissance Park Multi Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4252 Bryant Irvin Rd,
Fort Worth TX 76109
43.91% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite minor. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more impressive category grades came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. It actually fared better than most facilities in this area. Short-term care grades are important for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Renaissance Park Multi Care Center?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing rating. We gave this facility an impressive grade of D. Our nursing score is based on a handful of datapoints, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care, was this nursing home's worst category. We awarded this facility a D in this area. This is one of just a few weak points on an otherwise impressive report card. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Renaissance Park Multi Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents which had falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. More frequent bathing minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 94.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Renaissance Park Multi Care Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest FAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away6100 Harris Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76132Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 433-5000
- Usmd Hospital at Fort Worth LpAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away5900 Altamesa Blvd Fort Worth Texas 76132Proprietary(817) 433-9100
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.01 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 5.14 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Bryant Irvin0.77 miles away5729 Bryant Irvin Rd Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (682) 224-7635
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth1.57 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Hulen Dialysis1.85 miles away5832 S Hulen St Fort Worth Texas 76132Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 370-7642
- Fresenius Medical Care Ft Worth Parkway2.11 miles away6551 Harris Parkway Suite 115 A Fort Worth Texas 76132CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (817) 292-5512
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Southwest Fort Worth2.15 miles away5127 Old Granbury Road Fort Worth Texas 76133CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 370-7830
- Rrc West Fort Worth2.77 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC3.31 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth4.2 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822